Mike Silva of NY Baseball digest was part of a group of reporters who caught up with
Yankee GM Brian Cashman today. Brian was down in Trenton for the Eastern League All Star game. Here are some highlights:
- Wants to solve issues internally first. Is talking to other clubs, but wouldn’t even mention the name Roy Halladay, citing tampering rules.
- When asked if anyone is “untouchable” he said that some players are more tradable than others. In a word no.
- Looks like Sergio Mitre is going to get the fifth spot. Nothing solidified, but he praised his staff for finding Mitre, and mentioned Girardi’s experience with him in Florida. Expect him to get that fifth slot.
- Wants two lefties out of the bullpen (kudos Frank Russo for having that for us already). Marte, of course, is starting a rehab assignment, but, in my opinion, that is the one area we can expect to see a deal.
– He mentioned Ivan Nova quite a few times and sounds very excited about his development this year. Since his promotion from Trenton opponents are only hitting .190 against him in the International League. Could we see him in the Yankees bullpen before too long?
- Sees Montero as a catcher more and more everyday. In his words we “always knew he was a hitter”, but “the catching situation changes things drastically”. Remember, a catcher that can hit, like Montero, is so valuable in a lineup (see Mike Piazza). It would be very painful to give him up in a deal.
Piecing all of this together, it would appear Cash’s position is the same as mine. No one is untouchable when you’re talking about one of the top 2-3 pitchers in Baseball. But Montero is about as close as there is to being untouchable in the Yankee system. I think we all expected Mitre to get the next start, it was clearly a mistake to start Aceves against the Twins, and we could have won 1-2 of the Angels’ games had we had Aceves available out of the bullpen.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees