Would you think I’m crazy if I said the Yankees should be thrilled at this deal? When you look at the what the Red Sox acquired versus what they gave up, it’s very hard to knock the Victor Martinez deal. They got an All-Star level bat who can play 2 positions for 3 pitchers who [...]
Joel Sherman has the news. Hairston, 33, was acquired from the Reds, where he hit .254/.305/.397. He can play the OF—all three positions—and some IF (3B, 2B, SS). Hairston isn’t as fast as Gardner (not even close), but he offers some speed and is a good OF defender while his defense in the IF [...]
No word on the price yet, but hopefully the Indians were able to extract some valuable players/prospects from Boston. The tweet is from Bob Nightengale, a USA Today writer. Of the big 3 of Halladay, Adrian Gonzalez, and Martinez, V-Mart would likely have had the lowest cost, and is not the same caliber player [...]
It seems that one of the major options to fill the rotation hole soon to be created by Joba Chamberlain’s inning limits has been snapped up by Detroit. In a strange move from a team that needed a bat a lot more than it needed an arm, Detroit has reportedly snapped up the 35 [...]
Bronson Arroyo, a former Boston Red Sox teammate of Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, said he would not be surprised to find his name on a list of 104 ballplayers who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, after he had heard a then-legal supplement he was using was tainted with steroids, [...]
I worte a guest post for RAB yesterday on a topic I covered in this space earlier in the week. I figured I would toss it up here for discussion.
We live in a town where the most popular sports talk radio host in the area knows Jesus Montero as “that catchuh in AA that [...]
Scranton falls to Durham, 6-2 (7 innings, game 1 of doubleheader)
Ivan Nova pitched a complete (7 inning) game and took the loss, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) on 6 hits and 3 walks, and struck out 2. Kevin Russo was 2 for 3 with a steal. Ramiro Pena, Austin Jackson, and Shelley Duncan [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees