The Yankees contacted the Royals about Brian Bannister—who has taken steps in the right direction this year—however, according to Jayson Stark and Buster Olney (ESPN), the talks didn’t progress because the Yankees asked the Royals to pay the remaining $650,000 that’s left on Bannister’s contract. Strange development, huh? The Royals were probably insulted by [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
The Yanks are among the teams that have checked in on Washburn. However, as of this afternoon the two sides still had not discussed names. In addition, Hal Steinbrenner has ruled that the team cannot take on significant money the rest of the season. That is a huge reason [...]
From John Harper:
Except all indications are that he will be back in the bullpen by then, as he has now accumulated 110 innings, which might leave him only a handful of starts before the Yankees put the brakes on him.
And with Chien-Ming Wang officially out for the season after undergoing shoulder [...]
With the Yankees’ victory last night over Tampa (and losses by the Dodgers and the Red Sox), the Yankees are now tied for the best record in baseball (with LA), and sit 3.5 games ahead of Boston in the AL East. While the additions of CC Sabathia, Mark Teixeira, and AJ Burnett have made [...]
Michael Schmidt at the NY Times has the story. Apparently, both David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were on the same list that A-Rod was on in 2003.
The information about Ramirez and Ortiz emerged through interviews with multiple lawyers and others connected to the pending litigation. The lawyers spoke anonymously because the testing information [...]
From the Yes Network:
“They can take whatever they want from it from it, but I just kind of got tired of people brushing him back. It’s about time someone made a statement,” Garza said, noting that Longoria was hit by a pitch in the opener of the three-game series on Monday night.
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
Corey Patterson was recently put on outright waivers by the Nationals and the Yankees are considering signing him to fill in as the backup center fielder until Brett Gardner recuperates from his hand injury, the Post has learned.
Patterson is a notoriously frustrating player who never really delivered [...]
-Joba Chamberlain was absolutely masterful last night against the #3 team in Baseball for Runs Scored last night. Here’s the totals for Joba’s last 3 starts:
IP-21.2 H-8 R-2 BB-8 SO-19
His ERA has dropped from 4.25 to 3.58 and he has an 0.83 ERA since the break. Who needs Roy Halladay? He appears [...]
Scranton’s game against Durham was postponed
Trenton’s doubleheader against Harrisburg was postponed
Tampa shuts out Charlotte, 7-0
David Phelps started for the Yankees, giving up 2 hits and a walk in 6 scoreless innings, and striking out 6. He has given up just 1 earned run in 2 starts since being promoted to Tampa. Pat [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees