From Steve Kornacki (Mlive.com):
Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland confirmed today that the New York Yankees have interest in outfielder Josh Anderson, whom Detroit has 10 days since Friday to assign to another team via trade or have clear waivers before possibly sending him out-right to Triple-A Toledo.”It’s a possibility,” Leyland said. “They are [...]
According to Bryan Hoch, Alfredo Aceves’ shoulder felt better today after a 20-pitch bullpen session.
In addition, from PA, we learn that Damaso Marte was throwing 88 mph meatballs last night (he gave up 2 homers). Marte has now given up 3 ER over 4 2/3 IP with Scranton. He usually throws around [...]
Cliff Lee was traded this afternoon for the following package:
Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, Class A righty Jason Knapp, catcher Lou Marson — the likely heir apparent to Victor Martinez — and shortstop Jason Donald will be sent to Cleveland.
Philadelphia has 3 top 25 type prospects (Kyle Drabek, Dominic Brown, Michael Taylor) and [...]
Not the blockbuster you’ve been hoping for, I’m sure, but from Tyler Kepner’s Twitter page, we learn that the Yankees have traded for right-hander Jason Hirsh of the Colorado Rockies. Kepner notes that the trade is for “depth at AAA.” Hirsh, 27 (and 6′ 8”), was actually a good pitcher with Houston [...]
In the past, I have been very critical of writers for presenting opinions from anonymous scouts without providing us with the scout’s credentials. This is a tactic that allows a writer to spout off about whatever they so choose, as the following quote from Jayson Stark’s most recent column illustrates perfectly:
On Joba Chamberlain: [...]
While watching last night’s game, a few things struck me in relation to Nick Swisher and Johnny Damon.
First, regarding Nick Swisher—who had his moments in the OF—earlier in the season I defended Swisher’s defense. Generally, whenever a ball landed in his vicinity out in right field, he made every defensive play look like an [...]
MLBTR (via Dejan Kovacevic) is reporting that Ian Snell, along with Jack Wilson, has been traded to the Mariners for Ronny Cedeno, Jeff Clement (who never got enough playing time, in my opinion), Brett Lorin, Aaron Pribanic, and Nathan Adcock. I guess this means Ian Snell won’t be joining the Yankees and that [...]
Mike at RAB asked this question yesterday, and this is what he found:
The crew at Baseball Prospectus developed a stat called Pitcher Abuse Points (PAP), which is intended to measure … well … pitcher abuse. You can read a ton more about PAP here, but it’s calculated by cubing each pitch a guy [...]
Peter Abraham has the stories on Wang and Aceves. Chien Ming Wang will have season ending shoulder surgery and Aceves has a sore shoulder, but doesn’t think he’s injured. The Yankees originally downplayed the Wang injury and thought it wasn’t overly serious, intimating he’d only be out a month or so. Now there [...]
Scranton defeated by Durham, 4-2
Josh Towers got the start, giving up 2 runs on 6 hits and a walk in 7 innings, while striking out 7. Damaso Marte took the loss, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits (2 left the yard) in 1 2/3 innings, and striking out 3. The strikeouts indicate that [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees