Would you think I’m crazy if I said the Yankees should be thrilled at this deal? When you look at the what the Red Sox acquired versus what they gave up, it’s very hard to knock the Victor Martinez deal. They got an All-Star level bat who can play 2 positions for 3 pitchers who [...]
Joel Sherman has the news. Hairston, 33, was acquired from the Reds, where he hit .254/.305/.397. He can play the OF—all three positions—and some IF (3B, 2B, SS). Hairston isn’t as fast as Gardner (not even close), but he offers some speed and is a good OF defender while his defense in the IF [...]
No word on the price yet, but hopefully the Indians were able to extract some valuable players/prospects from Boston. The tweet is from Bob Nightengale, a USA Today writer. Of the big 3 of Halladay, Adrian Gonzalez, and Martinez, V-Mart would likely have had the lowest cost, and is not the same caliber player [...]
It seems that one of the major options to fill the rotation hole soon to be created by Joba Chamberlain’s inning limits has been snapped up by Detroit. In a strange move from a team that needed a bat a lot more than it needed an arm, Detroit has reportedly snapped up the 35 [...]
Bronson Arroyo, a former Boston Red Sox teammate of Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, said he would not be surprised to find his name on a list of 104 ballplayers who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, after he had heard a then-legal supplement he was using was tainted with steroids, [...]
I worte a guest post for RAB yesterday on a topic I covered in this space earlier in the week. I figured I would toss it up here for discussion.
We live in a town where the most popular sports talk radio host in the area knows Jesus Montero as “that catchuh in AA that [...]
Scranton falls to Durham, 6-2 (7 innings, game 1 of doubleheader)
Ivan Nova pitched a complete (7 inning) game and took the loss, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) on 6 hits and 3 walks, and struck out 2. Kevin Russo was 2 for 3 with a steal. Ramiro Pena, Austin Jackson, and Shelley Duncan [...]
The Yankees contacted the Royals about Brian Bannister—who has taken steps in the right direction this year—however, according to Jayson Stark and Buster Olney (ESPN), the talks didn’t progress because the Yankees asked the Royals to pay the remaining $650,000 that’s left on Bannister’s contract. Strange development, huh? The Royals were probably insulted by [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
The Yanks are among the teams that have checked in on Washburn. However, as of this afternoon the two sides still had not discussed names. In addition, Hal Steinbrenner has ruled that the team cannot take on significant money the rest of the season. That is a huge reason [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees