“He was throwing the ball OK, but he has trouble with the ball up, and I knew if I waited, I’d get one up,” Cruz said. “When I’ve faced him before, he’s usually better at making the ball go down in the strike zone. I don’t know. . . . I guess he’s just not back to that yet.”
“I thought he was actually pretty good,” said Michael Young, who went 1-for-3 with an infield hit against Wang. “I actually told [Mark Teixeira] that when I got to first base.”
“I thought he had good life down in the zone,” Young said. “The tough part about it is we’ve only seen him when he’s been good. We didn’t see him earlier in the year when supposedly he was trying to get healthy. We saw him out of the pen [last time] and he looked great, and today he was strong again. He was getting some ground balls. The only thing I hit was right into the ground.”
But while Wang got eight outs on groundballs (against just one in the air, and five Ks), he still hasn’t returned to the form the Yankees would like him to have.
Hackers movie download “It’s not what we’re used to seeing,” Texas manager Ron Washington said. “I’m quite sure there are some things that he’s working on. But there were times when that good sinker was there and when he threw the ball well over the plate.”
I thought that Wang made plenty of progress, but his location was still off on his sinker in the latter innings. As Washington said, there were times where he looked like himself, as he notched 13 of his 14 outs by groundout or strikeout (8 GO/1 AO, 5 K’s). Being that he looked great at the start and then got progressively worse, you could make the argument that he had stamina problems, which caused his location problems in the 3rd and 4th innings. Either way, I saw enough progress to merit a few more starts before I give up and stick him back in the bullpen to figure things out.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees