-Whoever’s idea it was on the Red Sox to have Penny throw at A-Rod early deserves a raise. That game had 6-0 Yanks by the 3rd inning written all over it when you looked at the pitching match up, and the Sox set the tone right there that they would have none of it. And we can’t complain much either, Joba’s been throwing at Youkilis for the past two years.
-I know the umpire had a big strike zone all night that both teams complained about, but Brad Penny’s performance was eerily reminiscent of the infamous Curt Schilling ‘Bloody Sock’ game. 92 MPH fastballs with nothing on them all night long that the Yanks could do nothing with. Exhibit A that the Red Sox are now officially in the Yankees’ heads.
-Speaking of fastballs, we should all know by now that the YES gun is a joke. Manny DelCarmen threw 2 change ups that YES had at 92 MPH, and I saw a few of Phil Hughes’ curveballs register at 95 MPH on Thursday.
-For all of you calling for Girardi’s head, an improved bullpen would make him look a lot smarter. If he had an effective Brian Bruney to call upon when CC faltered, the rest of that inning plays out completely differently. Girardi would be less apt to leave CC in, and if Bruney falters he backs him up with Mo. He wasn’t going to Mo for a 6 out save and I wouldn’t have either. Mo is 39 years old and has already shown signs of slipping this year. He went one batter too long with CC, but that’s his ace and he asked him to peform and he didn’t. Things like this go into a managers’ memory bank for future reference.
-As disgusted as we all are by the current 0-8 record vs the Sox, a lot can still change over time. I’ve been of the conviction all year that this Sox team will wear down over time with all the injury prone players on this roster. My prediction that Dice-K
is morphing into Hideo Nomo looks pretty good as well. Don’t expect Smoltz to ride in on a white horse just yet, either. Latest reports have him throwing 88-90 MPH fastballs in his rehab starts. The Yanks also showed that the vaunted Red Sox bullpen isn’t as impervious as we’ve been led to believe, at least not against a better lineup. I don’t care if we go 0-19 against the Sox during the regular season as long as we beat them in the playoffs.
-Our old pal El Duque has signed with the Rangers. Quick story, I was in LaGuardia airport about 5-6 years ago reading a magazine as I waited for my flight. I look up and see a guy with two of the hottest mamacitas you’ve ever seen, one on each arm. The one on his left was a dead ringer for Salma Hayek and the other was a blonde that looked like Shakira. And yes, it was Orlando, apparently on one of his ‘rehab’ stints. He was already one of my all time favorite Yanks before this lil’ incident, and that sighting put him in the top 3.
Metoroporisu trailer -For anyone interested in the Yanks 2009 draft, MLB.com will be hosting a live chat with David Oppenheimer this Tuesday. Make sure to check it out, I’m sure he’ll have some interesting insights on the players the Yanks selected.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees