-With all the winning the Yanks are doing lately (16 of 20) bad news becomes more newsworthy. Remember the old Newspaper axiom “A million people going to work and doing nothing wrong may be true, but it isn’t news.” On that note, it was a bad day if you were a rehabbing Yankee yesterday. Nady, Marte and Molina all suffered setbacks yesterday. Marte doesn’t sound serious, Molina does and Nady is yet to be determined. I have some mixed emotions on Molina anyway, since I’m loving Cervelli as the backup catcher.
-In that same NJ.com story, there’s a note about Girardi considering the possibility of a 6 man rotation. It reads:
Girardi left open the chance of plugging Wang into rotation even if he has to give the other pitchers in the rotation an extra day by pushing them back.
I doubt this will come to pass, but I wouldn’t be totally opposed to it if it happens. I think they’re still a bit shell shocked at how bad Wang was earlier this year, and want to keep all their options open. Don’t forget, Wang looked good in his side sessions when he was horrible as a starter. They may view his recent bullpen outings in the same context.
he did earlier as well.
-Anyone who’s not a Red Sox fan can complain about the new Yankee Stadium. From Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sports:
And, yes, by any measure the homers are up. But that’s not the whole story. That’s because while the homers are up in dramatic fashion, overall offense, while up as well, is not up in nearly as dramatically. As Replacement Level Yankees’ Weblog noted last week, Yankee Stadium’s park factor on the young season is 106, which favors offense. Fenway Park’s park factor over the past five seasons is . . . 106.
Not a word, Peter. Not . . . one . . . . word.
-Welcome back NoMaas. Yankee life just isn’t the same without you guys.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees