I stated in my pre-season draft reranking that the bottom end of the Yankees top-30 list was the weakest that I have ever ranked. For this reason, there is a lot of movement to begin the season, as some clarity is brought to the guys on the bubble. This list has some significant differences, but the top-10 (the real good guys) pretty much stays the same.
Graduated from the list are David Robertson, Phil Coke and Brett Gardner. Chase Wright left the organization. J.B. Cox, Brandon Laird, Corban Joseph, and Humberto Sanchez got bumped from the ranking. Additions include Ramiro Pena, Tim Norton, Garrison Lassiter, Pat Venditte, Jorge Vazauez, and Mannuel Banuelos.
1. Jesus Montero – Same as last year, but this time he’ll make top-20 in the whole league.
2. Austin Jackson – The Triple-A success is nice, but the power needs to come.
3. Zach McAllister - Followed up last season with more dominating innings.
4. Andrew Brackman – He’s healthy, I’m happy. Just give us 150 innings.
5. Dellin Betances – He’s been inconsistent, but the potential is still there.
6. Mark Melancon – MLB struggles were just rookie nerves. He’ll be in the playoff bullpen.
7. Austin Romine – Quietly the 2nd best hitting catcher in the FSL. The walks will come.
8. Wilkins De La Rosa – The big-time stuff is producing results. Its time to stop being skeptical.
9. Jairo Heredia - Mysterious injury is puzzling, but nothing has changed in 2 months.
10. Jeremy Bleich
– Struggling a bit, but still solid all-around.
11. Francisco Cervelli - Really, he’s a better backup right now than Molina.
12. Brett Marshall - Had a great May and is staying healthy.
13. Arodys Vizcaino – June 23rd can’t come soon enough.
14. Manny Bannuelos – It was a mistake to leave him out last year.
15. George Kontos – K/9 still around 9 at Triple-A.
16. Ivan Nova - I’m beginning to be a believer.
17. Michael Dunn – Struggling with command, but he’s got nasty stuff.
18. Juan Miranda – Can’t ignore his success at Triple-A just because he is blocked.
19. Christian Garcia – He’s still hanging around. 1 ER in 22 innings.
20. Ryan Pope – Still intriguing. Looking for him to be less hittable.
21. Brad Suttle – I wish they would tell us what his injury status us.
22. Kevin Russo – Your 2010 utility infielder.
23. Jorge Vazquez - Really interesting power prospect from Mexico. But where will he play?
24. David Adams – Solid all around. Still want more power.
25. D.J. Mitchell – Brings big-program experience as good stuff, despite being unheralded.
26. Reegie Corona – He continues to take a ton of walks and play a good enough defensive game.
27. Tim Norton – Norton will be a MLB reliever by 2011.
28. Garrison Lassiter – Injured, but performed well enough when he was playing.
29. Ramiro Pena – He’s still a 25th man at best, but he’s in the majors.
30. Pat Venditte – God damn it, just because I can.
That list includes twelve right-handed starting pitchers, two left-handed starting pitchers, four relief pitchers, one outfielder, two shortstops, two third basemen, two 1st basemen, two second basemen and three catchers.
If I had to divide it into tiers, I would do it this way:
Tier 1: Montero
Tier 2: Jackson, McAllister, Brackman, Betances, Melancon
Tier 3: Romine, De La Rosa, Heredia, Bleich, Cervelli
Tier 4: Marshall, Vizcaino, Bannuelos, Kontos, Nova, Dunn, Miranda, Garcia, Suttle
Tier 5: Russo, Vazquez, Adams, Mitchell, Corona, Pena, Norton, Lassiter
Tier 6: Venditte
Its a solid list, but still nothing compared to the 2007 top-30.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees