Late last week, I brought up Buster Olney’s article on A-Rod’s struggles and the possible link to steroids. In the comments, I noted the following:
There is no reason to assume Alex just went off steroids. Either he went off in 2003, or he is still on some undetectable stuff. Why not treat a [...]
This is a very interesting development, courtesy of Mark Feinsand:
To me, the best thing about Wang’s night was that his sinker wasn’t really very good. In fact, he was having enough trouble with it that he and Jorge Posada decided to stay away from it at times, throwing sliders and four-seam fastballs instead [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
Also, the Yanks continue to mull what is their best roster construction when Jose Molina returns from the DL. They love the energy and defense Francisco Cervelli has brought, but wonder if holding three catchers is prudent since they are not prepared yet to make Jorge Posada more [...]
Interesting tidbit via MLBTR. Apparently, the Phillies have scouted Chien-Ming Wang in the hopes that the Yankees may make him available. Here’s what Jim Salisbury over at the Philidelphia Inquirer had to say about the Phillies’ search for a starting pitcher.
They want pitching. Starter or reliever? “Doesn’t matter. They’re looking for anything [...]
On the heels of Mariano logging his 500th save, I wanted to take this opportunity to illustrate just how great, and how dominant Mariano has been. It’s something we all take for granted, and we all expect to end at some point. But if you consider yourself to be a Yankee fan you should be [...]
Scranton falls to Rochester, 6-2
Kei Igawa started, giving up 2 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings, and striking out 3. Austin Jackson was 1 for 3 with a walk and his 2nd home run of the season. Colin Curtis was 0 for 4. Shelley Duncan was 1 for 4. [...]
A number of Yankee prospects have been promoted to higher levels in the last week or so. Ivan Nova has moved up to AAA, and Jeremy Bleich has moved up to Trenton to take his place. In the lower minors, Pat Venditte got a long-deserved promotion to Tampa, along with David Adams and Dan Brewer.
From Jared Diamond (MLB):
Girardi said on Saturday that Wang will not only make his scheduled start — in Sunday’s series finale against the Mets — but he will also pitch next Saturday against the Blue Jays regardless of Sunday’s outcome. Though Wang comes into his outing at [...]
On Friday night, Alex Rodriguez passed Reggie Jackson for # 11 on the all-time home run list by blasting #564 to the opposite field off Elmer Dessens. Here is what Reggie had to say, courtesy of Mark Feinsand:
“Today is a day for me to come and tip my cap, be a gentleman, be [...]
From Bill Plaschke:
Surely it would happen, right?
Surely, somebody will hold him accountable for a 50-game suspension for violating baseball’s drug policy?
Surely somebody would let him know that, because he has yet to offer any true remorse or explanation since his May 7 suspension, somebody was going to publicly wonder why?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees