9:09: Hit the Ice psp Some interesting names go off the board in the supplemental round, including Lipscomb lefty Rex Brothers to the Rockies, HS 3b Matt Davidson to Arizona, Kentucky lefty James Paxton to Toronto, and Tennessee CF Kentrail Davis to Milwaukee. Davis is a draft-eligible sophomore
The Yankees don’t have any picks in the supplemental round, and their next choice is at #76 in the 2nd round. A lot can happen between now and then, but let’s hope for some good talent to be available.
9:39: Tanner Scheppers goes in the sandwich round to the Rangers at 44, who have the makings of a monster draft with Purke and Scheppers, if they can sign them both. Damn.
9:43: The 2nd round is chugging along, with guys such as Rich Polythress, Mychal Givens, Tommy Joseph, and Andy Oliver are off the board by pick 58. Renfroe seems to be the likely pick with Scheppers gone, but the Yankees could always surprise us.
9:47: USC c/RHP Robert Stock is taken by St. Louis with their 2nd-rounder at 67. This is an intriguing pick, especially since Stock is young for a junior (he went to college a year early), and has performed better this year as a pitcher. He is a guy I was hoping the Yankees would take a look at.
9:50: The Yankees’ pick is coming up in a few minutes. Some guys I would be looking at would be Renfroe, Max Stassi, and Luke Bailey, though there are still plenty of talents out there.
9:59: Tino Martinez announces the Yankees’ 2nd-round pick as high school catcher John Murphy. I don’t know much about him, but he doesn’t seem like the top catcher on the board. I will update when I find out more on him.
10:47: And there goes David Renfroe to the Red Sox in the 3rd. D’oh. I would have preferred him to Murphy, but I’ll have to trust Oppenheimer on this one. Interestingly enough, the Red Sox drafted Renfroe as a pitcher, while the Yankees seemed to like him as a shortstop (and Renfroe apparently prefers short as well).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees