Scranton defeated by Syracuse, 8-6 (8 innings, game 1)
- 30 Years of National Geographic Specials hd
Kei Igawa started, and gave up 4 runs on 7 hits and a walk in 5 1/3 innings, while fanning 7.
- Jonathan Albaladejo and Edwar Ramirez each gave up 2 runs in relief.
- Cody Ransom, playing 2nd and making his return from injury, was 2 for 3 with a double and a home run. If he gets off to a hot start, he could wind up replacing Berroa on the roster.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 4.
- Todd Linden was 1 for 4 with a triple.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 3.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4 with a double.
- John Rodriguez was 2 for 3 with a walk and his 11th homer of the year.
Scranton swept by Syracuse, 7-3 (game 2, 7 innings)
- Paul Bush took the loss, giving up 4 runs (3 earned) on 2 hits and a walk in 3 innings, while striking out 5.
- Mark Melancon gave up 2 runs on a hit and a walk in 1 inning of work.
- Romulo Sanchez gave upa run on 2 hits and a walk in 2 innings, and fanned 4.
- Austin Jackson was 2 for 4 with a triple and his first homer of the season. Hopefully this is the beginning of a power streak like the one we saw from Jackson after being promoted to Tampa in 2007.
- Todd Linden was 1 for 3 with a triple.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 2 with a walk and his minors-leading 19th home run of season. Dude is slugging .680 for crying out loud.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 3.
Trenton blanks Bowie, 7-0
- Chris Garcia put together another nice AA outing, giving up 4 hits and 2 walks in 7 shutout innings, and striking out 6. He also kept the ball on the ground with an 11-4 groundout-air out ratio. He has allowed just 1 earned run in 22 innings since returning from injury, a superb 0.41 ERA.
- Mike Dunn struck out 3 and allowed a hit and a walk in 2 scoreless.
- Reegie Corona was 3 for 5 with a double.
- Justin Snyder was 1 for 4 with a homer.
- Noah Hall was 1 for 2.
- Jesus Montero, DH’ing, was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 1 for 3 with a walk and a double.
Tampa tops Jupiter, 9-3
- Sergio Mitre made his Yankee debut following a PED suspension, and pitched well, giving up an unearned run on 3 hits in 5 2/3 innings, and striking out 6. At 28 he’s not much of a prospect, but he should be interesting to follow nonetheless.
- Austin Krum was 1 for 4 with a walk, and stole a base.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 4 with his 6th homer of the season, and just his 7th walk. He also made a catcher’s interference error. Still a .766 OPS from a solid defensive 20 year-old catcher is more than respectable. If he can start walking more, he could be a big-time prospect.
- Damon Sublett was 4 for 4 with a double, a steal, and a walk.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 5 with a triple.
- Mitch Hilligoss and Jack Rye were each 2 for 5.
- Brian Baisley was 1 for 3 with 2 walks.
Charleston falls to Savannah, 7-4
- Hector Noesi started, giving up 4 runs on 8 hits in 6 innings of work, and fanning 8. His ERA sits at 2.42, so he has pitched well this season.
- Jose Pirela was 0 for 3 with 2 walks and an error.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 5.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
- Taylor Grote was 2 for 3 with a double and also had an outfield assist.
- Chase Weems was 1 for 4.
The Charleston Riverdogs website (via RAB) reports that Abe Almonte has been placed on the 7-day DL with the oh-so nebulous “upper body injury”. No word on the severity or when he’s expected back, but I’ll let you know if I find anything.
That’s all for tonight. Stay tuned for more draft coverage.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees