Scranton stopped by Syracuse, 6-3
- George Kontos was the loser, giving up 5 runs (3 earned) on 6 hits and 2 walks in 3 innings. He also had 1 strikeout.
- Zach Kroenke walked 3 but struck out 5 in 3 shutout innings.
- Anthony Claggett gave up a hit and a walk, but fanned 2 in a scoreless inning.
- Mark Melancon gave up an unearned run without allowing a hit or a walk.
- Kevin Russo was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 4 with a double. He has cooled down somewhat, and is hitting .250 in his last 10 games. Jackson’s average is down to .327.
- Xavier Nady was 0 for 2.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 4.
- John Rodriguez was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk.
- Colin Curtis was 2 for 4 with his 1st AAA homer.
Trenton falls to Akron, 4-3
- Kanekoa Texeira started, giving up a run on 4 hits and 3 walks in 3 1/3 innings, and striking out 3.
- JB Cox took the loss, walking 3 in 2/3 of an innings, and giving up a hit.
- Austin Krum, Eduardo Nunez, Jorge Vazquez, Noah Hall, and MArcos Vechionacci were each 1 for 4.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 2 for 4 with 2 solo home runs.
Tampa stops St. Lucie, 5-3
- Jeremy Bleich had a strong start, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 6 hits and a walk in 6 1/3 innings. Bleich also struck out 6, and recorded 6 groundball outs against just 2 flyouts.
- Dan Brewer, Damon Sublett, and Seth Fortenberry were each 1 for 4.
- Eric Fryer was 2 for 4.
- Austin Romine was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Brandon Laird was 1 for 2 with a walk and a double. He’s heating up, hitting .323 in his last 10 games.
- Kevin Smith and Luis Nunez were 1 for 3. Nunez got picked off and made a throwing error.
Charleston defeated by Savannah, 5-4
- Andrew Brackman struggled again, giving up 5 runs on 6 hits and 4 walks in 3 1/3 innings, and striking out 3.
- Brad Rulon and Jon Ortiz each gave up a hit in a scoreless inning of relief.
- Jose Pirela was 3 for 5 with a double, raising his average to .305.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 5.
- Melky Mesa was 3 for 5 with 2 homers, giving him 16 on the year.
- Neall French was 1 for 3.
- Garrison Lassiter, back in low-A, was 2 for 4.
- Mitch Abeita and Mike Lyon were 1 for 4.
Staten Island stifled by Hudson Valley, 3-1
- Arodys Vizcaino started, and gave up 3 unearned runs on 3 hits and 2 walks in 4 innings, and fanned 7. The unearned runs were because of 2 errors by Vizcaino himself, so apparently, nobody beats the Viz except the Viz. Stupid puns aside, Vizcaino has looked great in his first 2 starts, putting up a 1.08 ERA with 14 strikeouts against 3 walks in 8 1/3 innings. He also has a 1.75 go/ao ratio, so in addition to getting strikeouts he is keeping the ball on the ground. He really could shoot up prospect lists.
- 9th-round pick Gavin Brooks, a lefty out of UCLA, struck out 2 and walked 1 in a scoreless inning of work.
- Carmen Angelini was 0 for 4.
- Rob Lyerly was 2 for 4.
- Kyle Higashioka was 0 for 4.
- Zoilo Almonte and DeAngelo Mack were both 1 for 3 with a double.
GCL Yankees top Tigers, 3-2
- 19 year-old Jose Ramirez started, and absolutely dominated. In 6 innings, Ramirez allowed just 1 hit and struck out 8. I don’t know much about Ramirez’s scouting reports or prospect status, but this is a very impressive performance, and he may be worth keeping an eye on.
- Ramon Flores was 0 for 4.
- Jose Toussen was 3 for 4 with a double and a stolen base. He was also caught attempting to steal 3rd base.
- Kelvin De Leon was 1 for 1 with a solo home run and 3 walks. Evidently, pitchers are being careful with the young Dominican slugger (and with good reason, as he’s hitting .667 through his first 3 games).
- Francisco Arcia was 2 for 4.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees