Scranton falls to Syracuse, 6-1
- Kei Igawa started, giving up 4 runs (2 earned) on 6 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings, and fanning 6.
- Paul Bush struck out 2 in a 1-hit inning of relief.
- Kevin Russo was 1 for 4.
- Austin Jackson and Cody Ransom were each 0 for 4.
- Shelley Duncan, Juan Miranda, and John Rodriguez were 0 for 3.
- Colin Curtis was 2 for 3 with a double.
- Justin Leone was 1 for 3 with a double.
Trenton loses to Akron, 5-2
- Ivan Nova put together a great start, allowing just a hit and 2 walks in 6 shutout innings, and fanning 3. He lowered his ERA to 2.36 with this outing, and he seems to have gotten into a groove, as he hasn’t allowed more than 1 earned run in an outing in over a month.
- Michael Dunn struggled, walking 3 in 1 inning of work and surrendering 2 runs.
- JB Cox also struggled, allowing 3 runs on 3 hits and a walk in 1/3 of an inning.
- Austin Krum and Reegie Corona were each 0 for 4.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 4.
- Jorge Vazquez was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk.
- Jesus Montero was 1 for 3 with a walk, raising his average to .302. His 7-5 bb-k ratio is very encouraging, especially for a 19 year-old in AA.
- Chris Malec was 1 for 3 with a walk.
Tampa tops Clearwater, 5-3
- Lance Pendleton pitched very effectively, allowing just 5 hits in 6 scoreless, and striking out 6.
- Tim Norton pitched 1 1/3 perfect innings.
- Jon Hovis pitched a perfect 9th.
- Jack Rye was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles, a steal, and an error.
- Eric Fryer was 2 for 2 with 2 walks and 2 steals.
- Damon Sublett, in centerfield again, was 1 for 3 with a homer.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 3.
- Brandon Laird was 1 for 4 with his 4th homer of the season.
Staten Island over Aberdeen, 5-1
- Trenton Lare got the start, giving up an unearned run on 3 hits in 5 2/3 innings, and striking out 5.
- Francisco Santana was 1 for 5, and got picked off.
- Carmen Angelini was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts.
- Kelvin Castro was 1 for 4 with a triple.
- Kyle Higashoka was 1 for 4.
- Jimmy Paredees was 1 for 4 with a triple.
- Zoilo Almonte was 2 for 4 with a double.
GCL Yankees defeat Pirates, 8-2
- Matt Richardson, an ’08 high school draftee, got the start, giving up a run on 5 hits, with 4 strikeouts.
- Ramon Flores, a 17 year-old free agent signee (in ’08) from Venezuela, was 2 for 4 in leftfield. The Yankees must be very high on Flores, since he is skipping the DSL. The last Latin American hitting prospect to skip the DSL in my memory is Jesus Montero, so Flores is in great company.
- Jose Toussen was 1 for 4.
- Garrison Lassiter, probably rehabbing, was 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Kelvin De Leon, the big-ticket signee in the ’07 free agent class, was 3 for 4 with a double. The 18 year-old also stole a base.
- Eduardo Sosa, another ’07 signee worth watching, was 1 for 3 wtih a walk and a 2-run home run.
- Jose Mojica, a 20 year-old shortstop prospect who missed last season due to an ACL injury, was 2 for 4 with a 2-run shot and a double.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees