Scranton falls to Indianapolis, 7-1 (7 innings, game 1)
- Casey Fossum started, giving up 6 runs (2 earned) on 7 hits, while striking out 4.
- Anthony Claggett gave up a run on 4 hits in 2 innings, fanning 2.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 3.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk, but made an error.
- Kevin Cash was 1 for 2.
- Juan Miranda, Cody Ransom, and Colin Curtis were each 0 for 3.
Scranton falls to Indianapolis, 6-3 (game 2)
- Josh Towers took the hill against former Yankee prospect Dan McCutchen. Towres gave up 4 runs on 6 hits and a walk in 4 innings, with 2 strikeouts.
- Mark Melancon gave up a run on 2 hits in 2 innings, and fanned 4.
- Kevin Russo was 1 for 4.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 4, dropping his average to .336.
- Cody Ransom was 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 3 with his 21st homer of the year.
- Juan Miranda and John Rodriguez were 1 for 3.
- Colin Curtis and Chris Stewart were each 1 for 3 with a double.
Trenton was off tonight. On Monday, Jesus rested.
Tampa tops Clearwater, 4-3
- Ryan Zink started, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks in 6 innings.
- Humberto Sanchez struck out 1 and gave up a hit in 1 inning of relief.
- Jack Rye was 2 for 4 with a homer, a steal, and a walk.
- Eric Fryer was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Damon Sublett, playing centerfield (something I’ve never seen from him) was 1 for 3 with a walk and a steal.
- Austin Romine was 2 for 4 with his 9th homer of the season. He hit 10 all of last season, so it is apparent that Austin’s power has improved.
- Seth Fortenberry was 1 for 4 with a homer.
- Kevin Smith was 2 for 4.
Charleston was off tonight
Staten Island blanked by Aberdeen, 2-0
- Francisco Rondon took the loss, giving up a run on 2 hits and 3 walks in 5 2/3 innings. He also struck out 4.
- Francisco Santana and Robert Lyerly were each 1 for 4.
- Kyle Higashioka, batting cleanup, was 1 for 3 with a walk. He threw out 1 of the 2 runners who attempted to steal on him.
- Neil Medchill was 0 for 4.
- Kelvin Castro was 1 for 3.
- DeAngelo Mack was 1 for 3 with a double.
- Jimmy Paredes was 0 for 3.
That’s all for tonight.
The rookie-level Gulf Coast League begins tomorrow. 2 guys to keep an eye on are 18 year-olds Kelvin DeLeon and Eduardo Sosa (assuming the GCL is where they end up), who both were very impressive in the DSL last season. DeLeon is a legitimate power bat (hit .289 and led the team with 9 homers) in right, while Sosa (batted .315 with 4 homers and 30 steals) has great speed and hitting ability in center. Considering how both of them handled the DSL last year, I expect them not to have much trouble in the GCL. There will probably be a number of other interesting guys who were in the DSL last season, and the high school signees will eventually trickle in as well (though I’m not expecting Heathcott until August).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees