Scranton falls to Syracuse, 3-2
- Casey Fossum got the start, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings, while striking out 4.
- Anthony Claggett pitched 3 shutout innings, allowing a hit and a walk while striking out 1.
- Reegie Corona and Austin Jackson were each 1 for 4 with a double. Jackson struck out twice, and Corona fanned once. Fortunately, Jackson does not appear to have been injured in this collision with Eric Duncan.
- Shelley Duncan was 0 for 4 to drop his average to .299. He also had an outfield assist.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4 with a triple, raising his average to .262.
Trenton falls to Bowie, 7-2 (7 innings, game 1)
- Ryan Pope took the loss, giving up 7 runs (3 earned) on 8 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings, with 4 strikeouts.
- Justin Snyder was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Colin Curtis was 1 for 2.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 2 for 3 with his 1st homer of the season.
- Seth Cooper was 1 for 3 with a triple.
Trenton beats Bowie, 5-4 (7 innings, game 2)
- Alan Horne started, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks in 2 2/3 innings, while striking out 2. He can’t seem to stay healthy and effective, so maybe the bullpen is the answer for him.
- Wilkins Arias struck out 3 in 2 1/3 perfect innings.
- Kevin Whelan gave up a run on 2 hits and a walk in 1 1/3 innings.
- Colin Curtis was 2 for 4.
- Chris Malec and Carlos Mendoza were each 1 for 4.
- Kevin Smith and Seth Cooper were each 2 for 3.
Tampa falls to Charlotte, 9-4
- DJ Mitchell started, giving up 3 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks in 6 innings, while fanning 7. The 5.06 ERA is a little high, but 29 strikeouts against 9 walks in 21 1/3 high-A innings is very impressive, as is the 2.4 groundout-flyout ratio.
- Austin Krum was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Matt Cusick was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Jesus Montero, catching in his farewell performance for Tampa, was 2 for 4 to bring his average to .356. He also made a throwing error, and allowed 3 runners to steal successfully. The bat is clearly ready for AA, but the defense needs work if he is going to catch in the majors. Nonetheless, I’m excited to see how he does in AA. Once again, he will be in a pitcher’s park in a pitcher’s league.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 3, bringing his average to .289. He has been very solid offensively this season, outside of the lack of walks, and with Montero promoted to AA he should get his chance to shine.
- Brandon Laird was 0 for 4. He seems not to have adjusted to high-A pitching at all, which is too bad, as he seemed to be one of the few legitimate power prospects in the system.
- Brian Baisley and Walter Ibarra were each 1 for 4.
CCharleston stops Savannah, 5-3
- Manny Banuelos was superb, allowing an unearned run on 2 hits and a walk in 5 innings, while striking out 8. He lowered his ERA to 2.98 with this outing, and his 46:13 k:bb ratio through 42 1/3 innings is great for anyone, much less an 18 year-old in full season ball.
- Pat Venditte got the save, giving up 2 hits in 1 1/3 scoreless, and striking out 2. His ERA stands at a miniscule 0.81, and I wonder if he will get a chance to tackle Tampa soon.
- Abe Almonte was 1 for 2 with his 12th steal, but was replaced for some unknown reason in the bottom of the 3rd. Hopefully, if it’s injury-related, he is not hurt too badly.
- David Admas was 1 for 4.
- Melky Mesa was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Corban Joseph was 2 for 5.
- Jose Pirela and Taylor Grote were each 1 for 4. Pirela also walked.
That’s all for tonight. I intend to get another draft post up tomorrow, so stay tuned.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees