Scranton defeats Gwinnett, 7-6
- Casey Fossum got the start, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) on 5 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 3.
- Romulo Sanchez walked 3 and allowed a hit in 2 innings, and allowed 2 inherited runners to score.
- Mark Melancon struck out 2 in 1 1/3 perfect innings to earn the save. He only needed 16 pitches to accomplish this.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Cody Ransom was 1 for 5.
- Shelley Duncan was 0 for 2 with 3 walks. The opposition clearly respects Shelley’s 20 home runs.
- Juan Miranda was 3 for 3, but also made an error.
- Justin Leone was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk.
Trenton blanked by Binghamton, 4-0 (7 innings, game 1)
- Brian Bruney, rehabbing, pitched a perfect 1st inning. I imagine he’ll be back in the Bronx very soon, maybe even as soon as tomorrow (when I’ll be in attendance).
- Ryan Pope was the loser, giving up 4 runs on 9 hits in 4 2/3 innings.
- JB Cox, demoted after pitching poorly in AAA, walked 1 in 1 1/3 innings.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 3.
- Jesus Montero was 1 for 3, boosting his average to .286.
Trenton beats Binghamton, 5-1
- Josh Schmidt started, giving up a run on 4 hits and 2 walks in 3 innings, and fanning 5.
- Kevin Whelan allowed a hit and a walk in 1 2/3 scoreless.
- Kanekoa Teixeira pitched 2 innings of 1-hit ball.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 2 with a home run, his 4th, and a walk. He’s hitting .308 on the season
- Kevin Smith was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
- Marcos Vechionacci was 1 for 3 with his 4th homer of the year.
Tampa stops St. Lucie, 8-3
- DJ Mitchell started, and was wild in 5 shutout innings. Mitchell gave up 3 hits and 4 walks, while striking out 3 and uncorking 2 wild pitches. Control problems aside, his sinker was working tonight, as he recorded 11 groundball outs against 1 flyball out.
- Austin Krum was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Eric Fryer was 2 for 5 with 2 doubles.
- Damon Sublett was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 3, raising his average to .285.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 5 with a double.
Charleston rocks Rome, 14-6
- Brett Marshall was not at his best, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) on 7 hits and a walk, while fanning 3. His ERA stands at 4.41 on the year.
- Jose Pirela continued to hit, going 3 for 6 to boost his average to .333. He was awful offensively in the GCL last year (hitting only .234), but maybe he has corrected some flaws.
- Ray Kruml was 2 for 5 with a walk..
- David Adams was 4 for 5 with a double and a walk.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 4 with 2 walks.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 6 with a triple.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 5 with a walk and his 13th home run.
- Taylor Grote was 3 for 5 with a steal, but was also caught.
- Mitch Abeita was 3 for 5.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees