Scranton falls to Charlotte, 3-1
- George Kontos pitched very well, but was the hard-luck loser. In 8 innings, Kontos gave up 3 runs (2 earnd) on 4 hits and 2 walks, while fanning 5. His ERA stands at 2.51 on the season.
- Kevin Russo, back from injury, was 1 for 4 with a walk. He’s hitting .434 season, injuries and all.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Cody Ransom was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 4.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4.
- John Rodriguez was 1 for 4.
Trenton falls to Portland, 4-3
- Ivan Nova put together another strong outing, allowing a run on 5 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings, striking out 1, and posting a 10-4 groundout-air out ratio. His ERA is 3.12 on the season, and he may be the next pitcher to move up to AAA, according to Mark Newman (even though McAllister has put up better numbers).
- Kanekoa Texeira took the loss, giving up 3 runs on 2 hits and a walk in 2 1/3 innings, and striking out 2.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Colin Curtis and Noah Hall were 1 for 4.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Kyle Anson, filling in for the injured (though how badly is still unknown) Jesus Montero, was 2 for 4 with a double. Bubba Bell had better watch his back.
- Marcus Vechionionacci was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Seth Cooper was 1 for 3 with a homer.
Tampa was rained out
Charleston conquers Rome, 7-6 The Scarlet Claw buy
- Andrew Brackman had another wild outing, giving up 4 runs on 3 hits and 5 walks in 3 2/3 innings, while fanning 5. He also had 5 more wild pitches, which is absurd. He needs to get his control together if he is going to be any kind of prospect. I understand he’s a 6’10″ guy coming off of Tommy John surgery, but this level of wildness is unacceptable. I still have my hopes, however, that he can get things together.
- Brad Rulon got the win with a perfect 9th.
- Jose Pirela was 3 for 5, raising his average to .310. He has filled in admirably for the demoted Carmen Angelini, hitting much better and making fewer errors.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 5 with a double.
- David Adams was 2 for 3 with 2 walks and a steal.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Taylor Grote was 1 for 4.
That’s all for tonight. More draft stuff coming, as it is only a little over 2 days away. Recent mock drafts have had the Yankees taking Matt Purke, Slade Heathcott, Brett Jackson, Matt Hobgood, and Tony Sanchez. Of those, Jackson is the only one I would not be happy about, but I will definitely be hoping for Purke, Scheppers or Gibson.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees