buy Tess Per Will Carroll, Missouri hurler Kyle Gibson, the #4 ranked draft prospect according to BA, has suffered a stress fracture in his right forearm, and could possibly drop out of the top 10. Gibson throws a low-90′s fastball with good command and movement along with a plus slider and a good changeup. In his last outing, however, Gibson was only hitting the mid-80′s with his fastball, which is indicative of an injury. This does not seem like a major injury in the long term (Keith Law indicates that there’s no ligament damage), and should only keep him out 5 weeks. It is worthy of note that Gibson has had very high pitch counts this season, which could explain the injury.
Gibson, before this injury, was a likely top-10 pick, and it will be interesting to see how far he falls in the draft. I would be surprised if he got out of the first round, and I would have to imagine the Yankees would be interested if he were to fall to #29. That said, Tanner Scheppers had a similar injury last season (in the shoulder, albeit, not the forearm). Scheppers fell into the 2nd round, where he was taken by the Pirates (who were unable to sign him). Gibson will probably still demand an overslot bonus even if he falls to the bottom of the 1st round, so it will be interesting to see if anyone takes a flier on him in the 1st. He would be very high on my wish list of people who could fall to 29, possibly ahead of Matt Purke.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees