A number of Yankee prospects have been promoted to higher levels in the last week or so. Ivan Nova has moved up to AAA, and Jeremy Bleich has moved up to Trenton to take his place. In the lower minors, Pat Venditte got a long-deserved promotion to Tampa, along with David Adams and Dan Brewer.
Nova has been great this season for Trenton, with a 2.36 ERA, and a 2.47 GO/GO ratio. Hopefully he can continue his success at AAA. Bleich has been solid but not spectacular for Tampa, with a 3.40 ERA. Brewer had a .903 OPS for Charleston, and Adams had one of .779. Venditte, as we know, was superb for Charleston, posting a 1.47 ERA and a sub-1 WHIP, with 40 strikeouts against 2 walks in 30 2/3 innings pitched. Some other guys who might be due for promotions soon include Zach McAllister (who has torn up AA), Melky Mesa (who is hitting for major power in Charleston), and Jorge Vazquez, who has raked in AA (though he is probably blocked by Juan Miranda and Shelley Duncan).
In other prospect news, Peter Abraham reported that JB Cox might quit baseball after being demoted to AA, which is disappointing to hear about a guy who at one point was the top relief prospect in the Yankee system, and viewed as a possible closer of the future. He was not the same pitcher after returning from elbow surgery, but it is too bad that Cox is giving up so soon.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees