Lane Meyer of Nomaas’s draft blog has some tasty tidbits this morning, with some interesting predictions of players who might fall in the first round. In addition to the players I mentioned on my board, it sounds like Jacob Turner, perhaps the top prep righty, could also fall for requesting a Porcello bonus, and like Porcello, he has a UNC commitment. Turner would rank highly on my board, ahead of Purke to be sure, and possibly higher than that.
The Dying Gaul trailer What Dreams May Come dvd Meyer also sees Slade Heathcott as a player with some serious helium, something that seems to be the case, as he has gone from being a 2nd-rounder at best into first-round consideration, and has been predicted by Keith Law to be the Yankees’ pick. In addition, Meyer is, like me, not super impressed with Cal’s Brett Jackson, and would be upset if he was the player taken at #29. I’m leaving in a few minutes, will be back just before the draft starts, so this can be a draft chatter thread until I’m back.
My updated first-round wish list, expanded to include some of the guys I mentioned in previous posts.
- Tanner Scheppers
- Aaron Crow
- Jacob Turner
- Kyle Gibson
- Donavan Tate
- Matt Purke
- Slade Heathcott
- Matt Hobgood
- Tommy Joseph
- Matt Davidson
- Tyler Skaggs
- Tony Sanchez
- James Paxton
- Andy Oliver
- David Renfroe
- Luke Bailey
- Brett Jackson
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees