From Pete Abe’s Mailbag:
Ralph writes: Everyone has their own breaking point. I’ve been accepting of all the changes at the Stadium this year. My breaking point came with every strikeout getting a P.C. Richard’s whistle over the loudspeaker and every stolen base getting a “Gotta Go to Mo’s.”
Answer: I’m with you, Ralph. The Yankees were so sanctimonious about not selling the name of the Stadium and then they went and sold everything else. What is accomplished on the field should not be commercialized.
It is funny. If the team advertises the fact that they did not sell the name, it is sanctimonious. If they actually had sold the name, they would be greedy. The team cannot win. Advertising in the Stadium is one of the ways to defray costs and help the team pour money into the club. While most clubs sell naming rights to the stadium, the Yankees decided not to do so for the sake of tradition. I do not begrudge them trying to make up for that money in other areas, even if commercializing events in the game seems a bit distasteful.
How do you feel about this issue?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees