Yankee GM Brian Cashman had a press conference with members of the Spanish speaking media yesterday. While the video is a bit tough to watch due to the starts and stops involved with translating, he did give fans some interesting tidbits and some updates on some injured players. Some highlights:
-Jose Molina is roughly 2 weeks away from returning, and Nady “is coming back soon” as well.
-When asked if Francisco Cervelli will be sent down when Molina returns, he said “we haven’t had those discussion yet”.
Being Julia release -Damaso Marte will resume his throwing program immediately. Dr Andrews gave him a clean bill of health based on the MRIs, but those scans can miss things. If he has any more setbacks, he’s looking at surgery to find what the MRI’s aren’t showing.
-When asked if he plans on making any deals at the July 31st trade deadline, he said:
If we can get consistency out of our rotation and get them to pitch the way we expect them to, I’m not sure there will be much to do
I found that last quote to be the most interesting. He defines the only real need they have in the rotation, not bullpen. Getting them performing up to thier abilities is job #1 for the organization. Wang is obviously the biggest project, but Burnett, Pettitte and Joba are all under performing as well. Given the pitchers’ desire to throw to Cervelli over Posada, it could mean keeping Cervelli around. That would mean DHing Posada more, which means they’d have to figure out what to do with Matsui.
I will have a piece up tomorrow on the problems that Matsui presents to the Yankee roster, he’s really a square peg on this team.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees