Brian Bruney threw 1 scoreless inning in Scranton this afternoon and says he’s ready to be reactivated. With that being the case, the Yanks have a decision to make with who he replaces on the roster. A month ago, this decision was easier, you send down one of the kids. But midway through June you need to either be performing or somewhere else. So lets look at the current Yankee bullpen and see who makes the most sense.
Alfredo Aceves-No chance. Too valuable as a swing man out of the pen, and Girardi loves his makeup.
Phil Coke The Color of Money film
-Again, not happening. Our only lefty out of the bullpen and with Damaso Marte heading to Dr Andrews he’s more valuable than ever. You can also tell by the way Girardi uses him that he trusts him as much as anyone outside of Mo.
Phil Hughes-I think Phil has made it clear he wants to stay with the club, and has done enough to merit keeping him around. Girardi told Wang he needs to produce with his next start, so Hughes stays around either to back him up or to replace him.
David Robertson-A likely candidate, he has options and is still relatively young at 24. But he’s been one of the more reliable arms they’ve thrown out there this year, posting a 2.45 ERA for the season and giving the club valuable innings out of the pen.
Brett Tomko-Also not likely, he’s a veteran who produced well before yesterday’s Mets debacle. Also, he would have to clear waivers in order to be sent down, so even if he accepted a AAA assignment they would likely lose him anyway.
-Peter Abraham speculated that was pitching for his Yankee life today. The results were improved somewhat, though still decidedly mixed. He allowed 3 hits in 2 innings of work while walking none. He threw 22 of his 37 pitches for strikes (59%) which must mean its a full moon tonight or perhaps mating season for the Giant Panda. His season isn’t worth getting into, its been a disaster.
At this point, I don’t think its much of a loss to DFA Jose Veras. Robertson’s producing, and its long past time Jose got it going. If its my call, I get rid of Veras.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees