After last night’s game, AJ Burnett was quite upfront about how he has pitched thus far as a Yankee:
“Terrible,” Burnett said when asked how he would characterize his season. “There have been glimpses of greatness, but I’m not very consistent right now. I’m not a negative guy, so I’m not going to beat [...]
Lots of non-raves about the Yankees first day of picks. This from BA regarding their second round pick, John Murphy, “Scouts that we have talked to were mixed on his catching ability, and even if he can, why would the Yankees take yet another catcher?” Heathcott, the Yankees just seemed to be in love with, [...]
After Phil Hughes’ dominant inning against the Rays Monday night, some Yankee fans have begun calling for the Yankees to leave Phil in the bullpen for the rest of the season. The possible benefit for the Yankees is obvious. Hughes is not likely to be in the playoff rotation, as the Yankees are almost certain [...]
Black has one of the best arms among college starters this year, but his track [...]
The Yankees selected UNC RHP Adam Warren with their fourth rounder. Here is what I could dig up on him:
UNC senior Adam Warren’s postseason success has been hard for scouts to overlook — six earned runs in 22 1/3 innings, with 23 strikeouts against just two walks. But the evidence is not just [...]
The first two rounds (plus the sandwich round) were very interesting to follow, as this was thought to be a very difficult draft to predict, due to the multitude of players demanding overslot bonuses. As Aaron Crow, Grant Green, Kyle Gibson, and Matt Purke all went off the board before the Yankees were going to [...]
Tune in at 11:30 for a reaction piece from our very own Eric Schultz. Until then, here is a roundup of the reactions to the Yankee selections last night. From Baseball Prospectus:
Kevin Goldstein (5:36:43 PM PT): Yankfan21 (Work – still…): So, Heathcott? With Scheppers and Rex Brothers on the board, I am completely [...]
Despite my overwhelming desire to discuss anything but last night’s Yankee game, it has to be addressed. I’m sure many Yankee fans switched over to draft coverage rather than watch AJ Burnett’s inability to throw strikes and a red-hot Josh Beckett at the top of his game mowing down Yankee hitters. If you did [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees