I’m too amped up to put my thoughts down in a rational manner right now, so I’m going to bullet point it again.
- A.J. was pretty awesome until the 7th, as he shut the Twins out for 6 innings and matched zeroes with Kevin Slowey. In the 7th, he allowed a two out RBI to Matt Tolbert that was made possible by a walk to Nick Punto. He then walked the next two hitters and threw in a wild pitch and a passed ball by Kevin Cash, and suddenly another run was in and the bases were juiced. Albaladejo came in to strike out Kubel to end the threat. All in all it was a very strong performance from Burnett, and the Yankees could really benefit from seeing him settle in and pitch the way his talent suggests he should be able to pitch.
- Can we not find anybody better than Kevin Cash? I know that he is the 4th string catcher, but I have to assume that Chris Stewart is better than what we have seen thus far from Kevin.
- In the bottom of that inning, A-Rod homered, Matsui doubled, moved over on a bunt, and scored on a sac fly from Melky. A-Rod is starting to look a bit more comfortable at the plate, and Matsui and Melky seem to be in the middle of every Yankee rally these days.
- In the next inning, Albie loaded the bases with one out, including a walk to Nick Punto (sensing an annoying theme?). Brett Tomko came in, and with the infield in, Denard Span lined a grounder sharply to first base. Mark Teixeira dove and threw the runner out at home from his knees. it was an exceptional play, and Tomko coaxed a popup from the next hitter to end the threat. I do not have much faith in Tomko, but he did his job today. In regard to Tex, his glove is as good as advertised, and makes him a valuable player even when he is slumping with the bat.
- Mo pitched the top of the 9th and worked around a leadoff single by Joe Mauer to retire the side. In the bottom of the inning, Brett Gardner pinch ran for Swisher and was at second with one out. Cervelli lined a ball of the pitcher, and it bounced back towards home plate. Mauer grabbed it and pumped to first, and Gardner headed home. It was a stupid play with a contact hitter like Cano due up next, and he was nailed at the plate by the alert Mauer.
- There was a lot of bunting by the Yankees in this game. Not so sure I like it.
- Alfredo Aceves pitched the 10th and breezed through a 1-2-3 inning. He needs to be used in high leverage situations ASAP. He pounds the zone and does not seem to be afraid to come inside on hitters. Quite frankly, he looks excellent at this point, and the Yankees should be utilizing him over options like Albie, Tomko, Veras, and Edwar.
- Johnny Damon hit a walk-off home run to end the game in the 10th. This time has a really good vibe about it lately, and the hot bat of Johnny Damon has a lot to do with that. With Manny testing positive, Jason Bay becoming prohibitively expensive, and Matt Holliday struggling mightily away from Coors, Damon may actually be the Yankees best option in LF for 2010.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees