Go through those photos and you will find fistpumps and on-the-mound celebrations from Jon Lester, John Smoltz, frequent criticizer of Joba Dennis Eckerseley, Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, Pedro Martinez, and Jonathan Papelbon. Some of these players celebrate(d) on the mound during games with regularity, yet do not face any of the same recriminations that Joba Chamberlian does. As Steve said in his post earlier today, the Aubrey Huff fistpump controversy will fizzle due to the statements that the relevant players made after the game. However, anyone equating what Huff did with what Joba does is not paying attention. Joba celebrates out of emotion, whether that feeling comes in the 5th inning of a game that he is trailing or the 8th inning of a game in which he shut the door. Huff’s actions were contrived, meant to mock a player for stepping out of the stiff roles that we expect baseball players to fill. Huff fistpumped more on that trot than Joba has ever fistpumped after striking out Huff. If it had been a genuine show of emotion, it would not have bothered me. This game needs some characters, and it certainly needs an injection of fun. The unwritten rules of the game are silly, and everybody needs to just relax and realize that this is a game played for entertainment purposes.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees