“No trap can hold Homer Simpson! Uh, but I’m not Homer Simpson… I’m the Pieman! Homer Simpson away! I mean, the Pieman”
You knew was too good to be true. Just when you start getting exciting and believing in baseball, again, they let you down. Bad news, folks. In a late breaking press release, Major League Baseball has announced that they are investigating the New York Yankees for Performance Increasing Enhancements (P.I.E.’s) during their recent 9 game winning tear.
Fireballer AJ Burnett is the suspected point man in this scandal and is charged with distributing P.I.E.’s to several different Yankees including Johnny Damon, Alex Rodriguez and Melky Cabrera. In a forthcoming book by Selena Roberts, an unnamed source claims that, “they’re not even hiding it! They’re shoving it in each other’s faces!”
Some reputed benefits of P.I.E.’s include bursts of increased energy and a warm, yummy feeling in the tummy. Side effects include facial acne, obesity, and diabetes. Burnett refused to comment directly on the controversy, only saying, “mmmmmmmm… piiiiiiies,” whenever he was asked about the performance increasing enhancements.
Alex Rodriguez is rumored to have scheduled a press conference announcing that he used P.I.E.’s while playing with the Rangers but stopped upon becoming a Yankee and switching to black & white cookies and cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. Andy Pettitte claims he only used P.I.E.’s twice to recover from an injury and Roger Clemens appeared on ESPN radio vehemently denying ever using P.I.E.’s even though no one ever accused him.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees