Scranton defeats Indianapolis, 7-2 (7 innings)
- Casey Fossum, recently signed to fill a hole in the rotation, pitched well in his Yankee debut. In 5 innings, Fossum allowed a run on 4 hits and a walk, while striking out 2.
- Anthony Claggett gave up a run on 2 hits in 2 innings.
- Todd Linden was 2 for 4 with a double. He’s hitting .352 on the season, and one begins to wonder if he would be more of an asset to the big-league roster than Brett (1-dimensional) Gardner.
- John Rodriguez was 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts, but is still hitting .365.
Scranton defeats Indy, 9-3 (7 innings, game 2)
- Steven Jackson started, giving up a run on 4 hits in 4 innings of work, and striking out 2.
- Kevin Russo was 2 for 2 with 2 walks, raising his average to .467 on the season. Better than Berroa? Methinks yes.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4 with his 6th homer of the season.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts.
- Todd Linden and John Rodriguez were each 1 for 4.
- Kevin Cash was 1 for 2, and Chris Stewart was 1 for 3. With Jose Molina going on the DL, one of these guys will probably go up to the majors to join Francisco Cervelli, who by process of elmination is now the Yankees’ starting catcher.
Trenton falls to Bowie, 4-3 (7 innings)
- Alan Horne got the start, and pitched better than in his previous outing. In 5 innings, Horne gave up 3 runs on 4 hits and 4 walks, while striking out 3. Not great, but it’s good to see him healthy and pitching again.
- Eduardo Nunez, Reegie Corona, and Jorge Vazquez were each 1 for 4.
Bowie blanks Trenton, 6-0 (7 innings)
- Ryan Pope struggled, giving up 6 runs on 8 hits in 4 innings of work, with 3 strikeouts.
- Kevin Whelan struck out 3 and walked 1 in 2 hitless innings of relief.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 3.
- Kyle Anson was 1 for 1 with 2 walks.
Tampa falls to Dunedin, 4-3
- Jeremy Bleich was the starter, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks in 6 1/3 innings, and striking out 4. His ERA on the season is 2.70, and he has been solid, but not spectacular so far.
- Austin Krum, Damon Sublett, and Brandon Laird were each 2 for 4.
- Jesus Montero, catching, was 1 for 4 with a double.
Charleston outlasts Asheville, 2-1 (11 innings)
- Hector Noesi got the start, striking out 7 in 4 2/3 shutout innings, while allowing 2 hits and 2 walks.
- Pat Venditte kept his scoreless streak going, giving up just 1 hit in 2 innings, and striking out 2.
- Carmen Angelini was 1 for 5 with a double, raising his average to a puny .188 on the season.
- David Adams was 2 for 3 with 2 walks.
- Brian Baisley was 2 for 4 with a walk.
- Taylor Grote was 1 for 5.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 3 with his 7th homer and a walk.
- Abe Almonte, who pinch-hit for Chase Weems (and apparently caught the 11th inning?) was 1 for 1.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees