Scranton defeats Indianapolis, 7-5
- George Kontos, recently promoted to Scranton, struggled a bit. In 4 1/3 innings, Kontos gave up 5 runs (3 earned) on 6 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 4.
- Zach Kroenke, Anthony Claggett, and Brett Tomko combined for 4 2/3 innings of 2-hit, shutout relief.
- Kevin Russo was 4 for 5. He’s hitting a torrid .436 on the season (albeti in only 39 AB’s).
- John Rodriguez was 2 for 4 with a double and a homer.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 5 with his 10th homer of the season, and is hitting .347 overall.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4 with a walk.
- Austin Jackson was 2 for 5, although he also k’d 3 times.
Trenton’s game against Bowie was postponed
Tampa blanked by Daytona, 6-0
- Lance Pendleton started, giving up 6 runs on 9 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings, and striking out 2.
- Jesus Montero, catching, was 0 for 2 with a walk. According to Mike over at RAB, he apparently left the game in the 8th with a leg injury. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.
- Damon Sublett was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 3.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 4.
- Mitch Hilligoss was 2 for 4.
Charleston falls to Greenville, 4-2
- Brett Marshall got the start, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks in 4 2/3 innings, while striking out a season-high 4. His season ERA is an unimpressive 6.66.
- Pat Venditte did his usual thing, striking out 3 and allowing just 1 hit in 1 1 1/3 innings of relief. His numbers on the season: 11 2/3 IP, 7 h, 0 BB, 0 ER, 21 k’s. Just absurd. Get him to Tampa stat.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 4 with a double and a steal.
- Taylor Grote was 1 for 4.
- Brian Baisley was 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Melky Mesa was 2 for 3 with a double, a walk, and an outfield assist.
- Carmen Angelini and Garrison Lassiter were each 0 for 4, but were also errorless. Kudos, but I’d like to see some more offense from Angelini.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees