Scranton falls to Syracuse, 5-4
- Casey Fossum started, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks in 4 1/3 innings, while striking out 3.
- Edwar Ramirez continued his major league struggles, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk in 1 2/3 innings.
- Jonathan Alabaladejo allowed 1 hit and struck out 1 in 2 scoreless, while the man he was trade for, Tyler Clippard, shut the Yankees down over 1 1/3 innings.
- Reegie Corona and Austin Jackson were each 1 for 5. Jackson’s .356 average on the season is more than triple Corona’s .118 average. Ouch.
- Todd Linden was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Shelley Duncan was 2 for 4 with a walk.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 5.
- John Rodriguez was 1 for 3 with 2 walks.
- Eric Duncan and Chris Stewart were each 2 for 5.
Trenton beaten by New Britain, 7-2
- Ryan Pope was roughed up, giving up 6 runs (3 earned) on 5 hits and a walk, while striking out 1.
- Josh Schmidt dominated, giving up just a walk and a hit in 3 shutout innings, while striking out 5.
- Kanekoa Teixeira struck out 2 and walked 2 in 2 shutout innings.
- Justin Snyder, Seth Cooper, and Kevin Smith were each 1 for 4.
- Chris Malec was 2 for 3 with a double.
- Noah Hall was 1 for 3 with a walk.
Tampa tops Fort Myers, 8-3
- DJ Mitchell pitched very well, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 3 hits and 2 walks in 6 inning of work, while striking out 8. His Tampa ERA is high because of a rough first outing, but 22 strikeouts in 15 1/3 high-A innings is very impressive. He also had a 6-3 groundout-flyout ratio, so he’s keeping the ball on the ground with his 91-93 mph sinker.
- Tim Norton gave up a run on 3 hits in 2 innings, with 1 strikeout.
- Austin Krum was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Jesus Montero, DH’ing, was 3 for 4 with 2 home runs (giving him 7 on the year), raising his average to .338. Just after I comment on his recent power drought, Jesus makes me look silly. Well done sir. Did you know that Montero hasn’t homered since the 6th inning of tonight’s game?
- Austin Romine was 1 for 5, and stole his 5th base of the year.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 4 with a walk.
- Matt Cusick was 2 for 3 with 2 walks.
Charleston leads Greenville, 2-0 (suspended in 7th due to rain)
- Brett Marshall was great, striking out 9 in 6 shutout innings, while allowing 5 hits and just 1 walk. This is the kind of outing I’ve been waiting to see from him. He also had a 6-3 groundout-flyout ratio.
- Abe Almonte was 0 for 3.
- David Adams and Corban Joseph were each 1 for 3. Joseph stole a base.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 3 with his 12th homer of the year.
- Jose Pirela was 1 for 3 with a double.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees