Scranton defeats Syracuse, 4-1 (7 innings, game 1)
- George Kontos put together another solid start, giving up a run on 6 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 6. With the Yankees’ bullpen woes, I would like to see how he does as a reliever, but it appears that the Yanks view him as a starter in the future.
- Mark Melancon gave up a hit in 1 shutout inning of relief. With Jose Veras’s struggles, it would not surprise me if Mark returned to the majors soon.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 4.
- Austin Jackson, in left tonight, was 2 for 4 with a triple to raise his average to .362. It’s hard to complain about the high average, but I would like to see a few homers from him.
- Todd Linden, playing center, was 1 for 3 with a walk. Call him up to replace Berroa, seriously.
- Speaking of home runs, Shelley Duncan was 1 for 4 with his 16th homer.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 4.
- Eric Duncan was 1 for 3.
Scranton falls to Syracuse, 4-2 (7 innings, game 2)
- Josh Towers gave up 4 runs on 5 hits in 5 innings, and struck out 5.
- Anthony Claggett pitched a perfect inning in relief.
- Austin Jackson, back in centerfield was 1 for 3 with a strikeout.
- Todd Linden and Eric Duncan were 1 for 2.
Trenton defeats New Britain, 5-1
- Ivan Nova was great, giving up just 1 run on 5 hits and 2 walks in 8 innings, while striking out 6. Apparently the 2 walks came in the 9th, when he must have tired. He also had 10 groundouts against 8 flyouts, and lowered his ERA to 3.26 with this outing. He’s definitely worth keeping an eye on.
- Amaury Sanit got out of the 9th-inning jam, striking out 2 in a perfect inning of work.
- Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 3 with a double, before leaving with an injury.
- Chris Malec was 2 for 5.
- Jorge Vazquez was 0 for 5.
- Marcos Vechionacci was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk.
Tampa shut out by Fort Myers, 8-0
- Jeremy Bleich struggled, giving up 7 runs on 11 hits in 4 innings, while striking out 3. Apparently, 6 of these runs were given up in the first. This raised his ERA to 3.86 on the season.
- Eric Fryer was 2 for 4.
- Jesus Montero, catching, was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Austin Romine was 0 for 3.
- Brandon Laird and Brian Baisley were each 1 for 3.
Charleston beats Bowling Green, 7-2
- Manny Banuelos continued his strong pitching, giving up a run on 2 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings of work, and striking out 4. The diminutive lefty lowered his ERA to 3.38 on the season, and it’s hard not to be impressed with his work at the tender age of 18.
- Abe Almonte was 2 for 5, bringing his average to .278.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 5 with a triple.
- David Adams and Corban Joseph were each 1 for 4. Joseph had an error.
- Jose Pirela and Neall French were 2 for 4.
- Mitch Abeita was 2 for 4 with a double and a a homer. After catching Brackman’s absurd outing yesterday, I’m glad he was able to bounce back and have a nice day offensively.
That’s all for tonight, draft post tomorrow (I hope).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees