Scranton was off tonight
Trenton defeats Akron, 4-2
- Chris Garcia made his return from injury, and pitched well cosidering the long layoff. In 4 1/3 shutout innings, Garcia gave up 4 hits and 3 walks, and struck out 4. He also induced 7 outs via the groundball, in comparison to 2 by the flyout. Overall, a very encouraging outcome. If healthy, Garcia can do some very exciting things. He’s another one to keep an eye on.
- Kanekoa Teixeira got the win, giving upa run on 2 hits and a walk in 2 2/3 innings, while striking out 1.
- Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 4 with a double, raising his average to .293.
- Jorge Vazquez was 2 for 3 with his 7th homer of the season, raising his average to .337, and his OPS to a nasty 1.010. He doesn’t have much else to prove at AA, so hopefully he’ll get a shot in Scranton.
- Kevin Smith was 2 for 3 with a double and his 2nd homer of the season.
Tampa was rained out once again, so Jesus and the boys will have to wait another day to play. They’re going to have a bunch of doubleheaders later in the season.
Charleston defeats Lexington, 8-7
- David Phelps started, giving up 6 runs (5 earned) on 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings, while striking out 5.
- Pat Venditte got the save, allowing a hit and striking out 1 in 1 shutout inning.
- Abe Almonte, moved to the leadoff spot, was 1 for 4 with a walk and an outfield assist. He seems to get a lot of assists, so either he has a good arm or he has an underrated arm. Whatever works, I guess.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 5.
- David Adams was 1 for 3 with 2 walks, but also made an error.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 3 with a walk and his 9th homer of the year. He’s only 22 and has legitimate power, but he’ll need to show it at a higher level before I consider him a real prospect.
- Jose Pirela, in his season debut, was 2 for 4. However, honoring the spirit of the dearly departed Carmen Angelini, Pirela made an error.
- Mike Lyon was 3 for 3 with a walk.
- Chase Weems was 2 for 4.
That’s all for tonight. I’m watching an exciting finish in the Magic-Cavs game. Lebron is unbelievable. I’ll try to get some draft-related posts going in the next few days, since we have not discussed it much here.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees