Joel Sherman’s latest published hissy fit the NY Post only further demonstrates why newspapers are going out of business. What does the Post cost these days, 50 cents? So why do I want to spend my money listening to Joel whine and cry like a spoiled 3-year-old who wants more cookies?
You have to read the dopey article to believe it, but let me sum it up here. Waaaahhh, Joe Girardi doesn’t want to comment on the sleazy tell-all book about A-Rod. Waaaahhhh, he HAS to cuz he’s the Yankee manager so he signed up for this. Waaaaahhhh, I don’t care if he’s protecting his player, he HAS to give me juicy comments so I can suck every last drop of blood out of this stupid A-Rod story cuz giving us material about non-baseball related garbage is much more important than running his stupid baseball team!! Waaaahhh, how dare he question how the book will affect A-Rod’s kids and the innocent people around him!!! It’s not his JOB to be moral, it’s his job to GIVE US MATERIAL TO WRITE ABOUT!! Waaahhh, why can’t he be crazy like Billy Martin?
Waaaaahhh, he says doesn’t (GASP) even know WHY these sleazy tell-all books EXIST! Censorship!!! Waaaahh! How DARE he question the value of sleazy, trashy, garbage!! How else can a talentless writer make a living except by appealing to the lowest common denominator!!?? Waaahhh, I’m totally going to idiotically misconstrue his questioning the value of trashy tell-all books as him trying to squash my first amendment rights!!!
How Sherman interpreted:
“I don’t necessarily know why it has to be put in a book, unless the person volunteers it,” Girardi said. “I’ve never understood, whether it’s a book about Alex, or other people. A book about a president or whoever, I just don’t understand it. Maybe that’s short-sighted on my part, but I don’t understand it.”
as Girardi stating that the book has no legal right to be published and violates the first amendment is completely beyond me. The last time I checked, the first amendment was not the right for Joel Sherman to prevent everyone from questioning the value of a particular piece of writing.
I’m not sure why Joel thinks that we care about listening to his infantile, irrational, senseless tirade, unless he think we’ll get some laughs out of it. It’s like watching a grown man throw himself on the ground and scream, “but I want it IwantitIwantitIwantitIwantit!!” in the middle of a restaurant or something. The headline calls Girardi dopey, but I think that appellation belongs to someone else, Joel.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees