Much was made on yesterday’s YES broadcast of Aubrey Huff’s fist pumping gesture after he hit his 3 run HR in the first inning. It wasn’t malicious or mocking according to Huff, he was just being a bit of a goofball. He explains:
“It was a three-run homer against the Yankees here at home. He does that stuff all the time as a pitcher, so I was just having a little fun with him out there. That’s just part of the game. You get excited in situations like that. I wasn’t showing anybody up. I was just having a good time.
“It doesn’t offend. Some guys get a little crazy out there. If it gets them going, it gets them going. I was just having a little fun with it as well.
“It’s OK if pitchers do it. If batters do it, it’s kind of stupid. Everybody kind of frowns on it. So I wanted to have fun with it.
“I’m kind of a jokester guy. I enjoy messing around and stuff like that. It wasn’t a shot at him, I was just having fun with it. He can do what he wants out there.”
Joba didn’t seem all that bothered by it at all. He said after yesterday’s game:
Chamberlain said he didn’t see Huff’s fist pumps, but even if he had, he insisted they wouldn’t have bothered him.
“I have no reason to be upset,” Chamberlain said. “He did what he was supposed to do with the pitch and hit a home run. If he wants to do a back flip, he can do a back flip.”
“Good for him,” he said. “He’s paid to hit home runs.”
The NY tabloids are already running with this, referring to the move as “mocking” Joba, and I’m sure Francesa and Kay will get 10 hours of radio out of Huff’s move this afternoon. But upon further investigation it appears to be much ado about nothing.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees