It’s Friday and I’m suffering from a caffeine bounce from the early morning jolt of liquid energy. Exhaustion, headaches, and overall fatigue has led to this feeling where my brain is just leaking out through my skull in a disorganized pool of chaotic gak, but I’m just going with it.
Drip 1: Loan out Phil Hughes. Soccer has this thing in Europe where, if you have a player who is good, but you don’t really have a place for him, you loan him out to another club for a short period of time and often take him back later on. Phranchise has clearly mastered AAA but is inconsistent in the bigs. He just needs seasoning – Once Wang comes back let’s loan Phil out to some NL team and let him get some seasoning over there for a few months. That way he’ll be ready for next year.
Psycho hd Drip 2: Like Moshe said earlier – Yes, Cervelli was hitting .190 in his few AA ab’s this year. Fine, but that doesn’t mean he’s a .190 hitter. He hit .315 in AA LAST year – why don’t they ever mention that? BA, Sickels and every other ranking service I saw left Cervelli completely off of their top X prospects lists despite putting both Montero and Romine ON those lists. Catcher is the position where hitting matters the LEAST, yet a Cervelli’s stellar defensive play and leadership abilities were seemingly completely ignored just because he’s not a power hitter. It’s good to see him proving everyone wrong so far.
Drip 3: Wouldn’t Juan Cruz’ 1.72 ERA, 98mph fastball and $2.25M contract look good in Pinstripes this year? Remind me why we didn’t get him again?
Drip 4: Some Modest Proposals for selling those Legends Seats: Everyone is decrying the class divide between the Legends section and the rest of the stadium, but we need those seats to sell. Part of the problem is that these seats are just not special ENOUGH. Yes there’s a moat – and that’s nice, but, as any Medieval landowner will tell you, it’s what’s IN the moat that matters. For the money they’re paying, let’s let them feel like real european Lords.
Fill the moat with alligators, with flaming oil, give them a drawbridge – let them feel like royalty. Assign them “serfs” for the day and give them a court jester to entertain. Dress up the security guards in full plate armor and have them jousting with each other between innings. On flaming pitch giveaway day, lower the drawbridge and lure in an unsuspecting young autograph seeker, only to trap them and hurl flaming pitch at them. Better yet, you could have Medieval hunts, giving each seat owner their very own hunting hound to track down the young lad in the monuments and set the dogs on them. Oh what fun!
You see? Instead of making this class warfare thing into a negative, turn it into a positive. I say just go with it. Of course, don’t blame me when the guys in the bleachers start building guillotines and siege towers. It wasn’t my idea to connect them to the box seats.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees