Sharpe’s Peril release The international free agent signing period doesn’t begin for another 2 months, but it is always fun to keep track of the rumored signings and the mysterious top prospects. There is rarely much reliable information out there, and most of the info often comes by way of subscriber sites such as Baseball America and scout.com. However, there is a new blog called Dominican Baseball Universe (no relation to our site), whose writer appears to be very in touch with the Dominican amateur scene, that looks like it will have some good information on the potential amateur signings.
The writer for DBU, speaks highly of Mark Newman (the Yankees’ senior VP of baseball operations and scouting director) and the Yankees’ international scouting team as being among the best at what they do (along with the international scouting team from the Red Sox, Rangers, and Padres).
You know that someone here is well known because of the way people refer to them, Mark Newman over here is just Newman, people talk of him as he was their neighbor, some guys even think that Newman is living in the Dominican Republic, any day you can find Newman in his short shorts old NBA style talking in Spanish with just about anyone, even if the Yankees are the richest team in baseball you can’t say that they just sit down and let money talk, those guys do their jobs.
As the first piece of news, the writer for DBU is reporting that the Yankees will sign “super prospect” Gary Sanchez. I have no idea how credible this information is nor what type of prospect Sanchez actually is, but I will be checking in periodically to see if there is new news. It should be good reading, and hopefully there will be first-hand info.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees