Jorge Posada will be activated tomorrow, further lengthening an already formidable lineup. He also provides some versatility options for Joe G. at a temporarily thin DH position. The Yankees could go with this lineup tomorrow:
The perception coming into the season regarding Derek Jeter was that he was in the decline phase of his career, and that we could not expect him to return to his 2007 numbers. On many occasions, I pointed out that the tales of Jeter’s decline were a mirage created by his great 2006. The brilliance [...]
We’re a little bit past the quarter pole in the season and it’s a good time to look at how guys are measuring up to the pre-season expectations. Let’s start with the outfielders:
Brett Gardner: Going into the season, we pretty much agreed that BG needed a .330ish OBP in order to be [...]
From Buster Olney:
Imagine Mark DeRosa as a big hunk of tuna, bait on a hook. One of the looming shadows circling below is that of the New York Yankees, who are weighing options and haven’t decided whether to take a shot at the versatile veteran.
Really? DeRosa is a solid player who had [...]
Loved this article from the Dallas Star-Telegram, chiding the local fans for booing Tex. It says:
C’mon, you should be cheering every time he comes to the plate here, not just because he was an all-around good guy and superb player while wearing a Rangers uniform, but because we have him to thank for [...]
Scranton defeats Syracuse, 4-1 (7 innings, game 1)
The Hawk Is Dying psp George Kontos put together another solid start, giving up a run on 6 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 6. With the Yankees’ bullpen woes, I would like to see how he does as a reliever, but it appears that [...]
After a rough outing by Joba Chamberlain and the bullpen last night led to a frustrating loss, it was up to AJ Burnett to get the Yankees back on track, taking on Ranger rookie Derek Holland, a big-time pitching prospect. The Yankees helped Burnett out right away by getting ahead against Holland early, something they [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees