Scranton was off tonight
Trenton defeats Akron, 4-2
Chris Garcia made his return from injury, and pitched well cosidering the long layoff. In 4 1/3 shutout innings, Garcia gave up 4 hits and 3 walks, and struck out 4. He also induced 7 outs via the groundball, in comparison to 2 by the flyout. Overall, [...]
The Yankees continued their early-inning heroics against Jeremy Guthrie. They began in the first by scoring a run on a Mark Teixeira RBI double. In the second, the Yanks put up back-to-back-to-back homers by Swisher, Canó, and Melky, giving them a 4-0 lead. An RBI single in the bottom of the 3rd gave the Yankees [...]
This is a post from loyal reader Harry G.
ESPN’s Rob Neyer suggests that with the return of Chien-Ming Wang, the Yankees should consider moving Phil Hughes to the bullpen, which currently sports 5.46 ERA, third worst on the majors. First, check out his piece.
David Cone also mentioned it on YES a [...]
Since we have gotten into the habit of dispelling a number of myths over the last few days, I thought we might look at one more: Lineup protection. Ever since Alex Rodriguez has returned, people have been crediting him for Mark Teixeira’s resurgence. However, most statistical studies have found that the idea of lineup protection [...]
Per Robert Pimpsner of Baby Bombers (posting on nyyfans.com), Charleston shortstop Carmen Angelini has been sent to extended spring training, and Jose Pirela will replace him.
I imagine Angelini is being sent to extended because he is struggling both offensively (.197 BA, 32 strikeouts in 33 games) and defensively, making many errors (though he [...]
This issue has come up on a number of occasions on this blog, and was brought up in the comments of the last post. I want to put the idea that Jorge Posada does not call a good game to bed. People have this idea that because strong willed guys like Randy Johnson, El Duque, [...]
Chemistry is an issue that seems to stir up a lot of discord among sports fans, particularly those that are inclined to focus on statistics and objective data to reach conclusions about sports. Personally, I believe that as fans, it is very hard for us to make judgements on this kind of stuff, one way [...]
From Joel Sherman:
Here is what it moved me to say: I hope he is doing this clean. That is near impossible to know since, for example, HGH is not tested for. But if he is doing this clean — and, again, let’s hope so — it would reassert how foolish he was to [...]
The Daily News has the story, Joe Torre and his LA Dodgers are slated for a series in the Yankee stadium next year. They report:
Joe Torre appears headed toward a Bronx homecoming in 2010.
Though next season’s schedule won’t be official for several weeks, an industry source told The Post yesterday that the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees