As Ben at RAB summarized so well, the Yankees are not using their full roster right now. Angel Berroa was virtually unused in the month of May. Jose Veras has allowed runs in the few appearances that Joe Girardi has bothered to give him. Brett Tomko hasn’t been much bet nor frequently used.
Scranton loses to Louisville, 7-5
Josh Towers took the loss, giving up 7 runs (6 earned) on 9 hits and no walks, while striking out 2. Paul Bush, recently signed from Indy ball, struck out 5 in 3 1/3 innings while walking 1, a good debut. Edwar Ramirez struck out 3 in 2 perfect innings. [...]
It was a strange game for Phil Hughes, as he was throwing plenty of strikes and gave up just a few hard hit balls, yet only lasted 5 innings while allowing 4 runs. The results were not great, but the process was fine, and on most days, Phil probably goes 6 and allows just 3 [...]
The Molly Maguires download CC Sabathia was excellent once again, going 7 innings and allowing 3 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks while striking out 8. He did not allow a hit until the Yankees has taken a 7-0 lead, and two of the three runs against him came off seeing eye singles, [...]
If there is one thing that has defined this team, it is the infusion of youth that has revitalized a slow, aging team from last year with a stuffy clubhouse to a younger team full of new faces and much looser atmosphere. With that as the theme, here are a few good stories for a [...]
Scranton defeats Lousville, 9-1
Romulo Sanchez got the start, giving up a run on 3 hits and 2 walks in 2 1/3 innings, while striking out 2. Anthony Claggett walked 2 in 3 hitless innings, and struck out 1. Reegie Corona was 1 for 4. Austin Jackson was 2 for 3 with a walk and [...]
One of the main arguments the B-Jobbers have for putting Joba in the pen is the superiority of the Red Sox bullpen this year. They want Joba sent to the bullpen now in an attempt to match the Sox in their area of strength. But chances are, this will all be irrelevant come playoff time.
Eric Boland of Newsday (Yes, they’re still in business) interviewed Brian Cashman about the never ending debate about sending Joba to the bullpen and got some interesting quotes. Cashman said:
“If he’s throwing 95 in the first inning, let people throw that argument out there,” Cashman said. “We [...]
I’m sure you’ve heard this one a thousand times since A-Rod came back, that Tex is now seeing more fastballs, which is supposed to explain why he broke out of his slump. Well, it’s simply not true. Check out this post from the Statistician Magician blog:
“Last night, [...]
I’m back from the great island of Jamaica, for now. I’m hoping to make it out to a Scranton game this weekend to get some pictures. If anyone is going to be there, let me know.
Ivan Nova Finally Consistent
Ivan Nova has been a bit of a headache for a few years now. He [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees