Every publication tries their hand at predicting the future at the beginning of each MLB season. Its a fun game to play. We don’t pretend to be clairvoyent, so we are open to argument and debate about who is mostly likely to do what this season. We disagree on some key predictions, and agree on others. What follows is a humble list of crystal ball readings about this season.
Who will make the playoffs from the American League?
EJ: Yankees, Twins, Athletics, Rays.
Moshe: Yankees, Twins, Angels, Red Sox
Anthony: Yankees, Indians, Athletics, Red Sox
Chris: Yankees, Twins, Angels, Red Sox
Steve: Yankees, Indians, Angels, Red Sox
Tom: Yankees, Rays, Angels, Twins
Who will make the playoffs from the National League?
EJ: Marlins, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Mets
Moshe: Mets, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies
Anthony: Phillies, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Mets
Chris: Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers, Mets
Steve: Phillies, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Marlins
Tom: Mets, Cubs, Marlins, D-backs
Who will win the World Series?
EJ: Yankees over Diamondbacks
Moshe: Cubs over Yankees
Anthony: Cubs over Yankees
Chris: Yankees over Phillies
Steve: Yankees over Cubs
Tom: Yankees over Cubs
Who will win the Cy Young Awards?
EJ: Roy Halladay, Johan Santana
Moshe: Felix Hernandez, Johan Santana
Anthony: Roy Halladay, Johan Santana
Chris: James Shields, Dan Haren
Steve: Fausto Carmona, Johan Santana
Tom: A.J. Burnett, Yovani Gallardo
Who will win the Most Valuable Player awards?
EJ: Mark Teixeira, Albert Pujols
Moshe: Justin Morneau, David Wright
Anthony: Grady Sizemore, Albert Pujols
Chris: Mark Teixeira, Chase Utley
Steve: Grady Sizemore, Hanley Ramirez
Tom: Josh Hamilton, Hanley Ramirez
Who will win the Rookie of the Year Awards?
EJ: Travis Snider and Jordan Shafer
Moshe: Matt Wieters and Colby Rasmus
Anthony: David Price and Jordan Schafer
Chris: David Price and Dextor Fowler
Steve: David Price and Jordan Shafer
Tom: Matt Wieters and Cameron Maybin
Who will win the Come Back Player of the Year awards?
EJ: Bartolo Colon and Todd Helton
Moshe: Francisco Liriano and Chris Carpenter
Anthony: Jorge Posada and Chris Carpenter
Chris: Francisco Liriano and Chris Carpenter
Steve: Justin Verlander and Jeff Francoeur
Tom: Justin Verlander and Todd Helton
Who will prove to be the best off season free agent signing?
EJ: Pat Burrell
Moshe: Pat Burrell
Anthony: Pat Burrell
Chris: Bobby Abreu and Takashi Saito
Steve: Andy Pettitte
Tom: AJ Burnett
Who will prove to be the worst off season free agent signing?
EJ: Ryan Dempster
Moshe: Jason Varitek
Anthony: Edgar Renteria
Chris: Jason Varitek
Steve: Raul Ibanez
Tom: Jason Varitek
How many games will the Yankees win?
How many games do Burnett and Joba each start?
EJ: Burnett starts 29, Joba starts 25
Moshe: Burnett starts 28, Joba starts 22
Anthony: Burnett starts 27, Joba starts 24
Chris: Burnett starts 30, Joba starts 23
Steve: Burnett starts 24, Joba starts 22
Burnett starts 35, Joba starts 22
Which Yankee spends the most time on the disabled list?
EJ: Alex Rodriguez
Moshe: Hideki Matsui
Anthony: Hideki Matsui
Chris: Alex Rodriguez
Steve: A.J. Burnett
Tom: Johnny Damon
Which Yankee rookies will make their MLB debuts?
EJ: Mark Melancon, Ramiro Pena, Austin Jackson, Steve Jackson, Anthony Claggett, Alan Horne, Michael Dunn, Wilkins De La Rosa, Chris Garcia
Moshe: Mark Melancon, Ramiro Pena, Steven Jackson, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Jackson, Alan Horne
Anthony: Mark Melancon, Ramiro Pena, Christian Garcia, Austin Jackson
Chris: Mark Melancon, Ramro Pena
Steve: Mark Melacnon, Anthony Claggett, Ramiro Pena, Austin Jackson, Dellin Betances, Jeremy Bleich<
Tom: Mark Melancon, Ramiro Pena, Austin Jackson, Alan Horne, Andrew Brackman, Steven Jackson, Zach McCallister/blockquote>
Your thoughts? Fire away.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees