To say Wang has been bad would be an understatement. His ERA is a gaudy 28.93 over his first two starts, outings in which he has completed a mere 4.2 innings while surrendering 15 runs, all of them earned.
Girardi said in yesterday’s post game that he says he feels great, its not a dead arm period or anything like that. His bullpens have been great as well. Joe also said that he’s going to make his next start, they don’t have any days off so they can’t skip his turn to work on some things. Yankee pitching coach Dave Eiland thinks that he’s simply dropping his arm angle, causing his bread and butter 2-seamer to flatten out and drift over the plate. Sinkerballers like Wang need to work over the top, giving the pitch the downward movement that makes hitters beat it into the ground. That’s his main pitch, so if that’s not working then it can’t set up all of his secondary pitches.
For those out there panicking, take a deep breath. We don’t need to call up Phil Hughes, and we don’t need to send Wang to the minors. I’m not jumping off any bridges just yet. We saw CC look awful in his first start, then dominate in his next one. As long as he’s healthy, and Girardi thinks he is, then they should be able to figure this out. But obviously, they can’t keep sending him out there with the way he’s been pitching. Let’s just hope there’s nothing physically wrong with him that’s causing his release point to drop.
BTW-Check out this video of Swisher pitching a scoreless 8th. Hilarious!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees