Listen up, children. School’s in session. Feel free to argue, debate, curse, praise, or deride my conclusions on tonight’s game.
AJ Burnett = Stopper?: Well, so far he is. Just when the Yankees need a win most, AJ delivers a studly 8 inning gem where he flirted with a no-no through 6 full. Hey, in a month, he’ll probably have two straight bad outings while Wanger plays the stopper role, but for now, it sure is fun watching this guy pitch.
Swisher is apparently determined to balance out last year’s dropoff by impersonating Babe Ruth for a couple months: What is this guy, Superman? Good job by Joe to ride the hot hand, here. 2-4 with a double and, yawn, another home run.
Brett Gardner may be able to hold down this job, after all: with a line like 3-5 w/ 3 runs, 1 RBI and 2 doubles, he’s suddenly hitting a respectable .296… nice.
Nick Swisher’s levity last night somehow didn’t shatter the entire team’s will to win – SHOOOOCKING!
Rumors of Derek Jeter’s demise may have been slightly exaggerated: 3-5 w/ a big, late inning 3-run jiggedy-jack for the Captain. He’s back up to .265 just like that.
Ramiro Pena may get another start at third: Yes 0-3, but drew a walk and looked awfully slick with that glove.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees