Since Yankee Stadium officially has given up the most home runs through 6 games in the history of the universe, and home run ballparks inevitably seem to be homes for lousy teams (see Rockies and Orioles), I figure we all need to pool our collective brainpower to find ways of suppressing the power index of this overly generous coliseum. Here are some possibilities for accomplishing that goal, but feel free to add your own:
- Move fence back to original dimensions of 460 in left-center, 425 in right-center, and 490 in cf. Damn! Babe Ruth hit that many homers in THAT park? Wow.
- Suspend Big Papi above the Major Deegan so his fat butt blocks the wind from entering the Stadium
- Give adjacent seats in right field to both Curt Schilling & Hal Steinbrenner. Their conversations would create enough hot air to blow back at least 100 homers/year
- MTA places tax on homers based on how far ball goes in order to make up for the deficit they’re somehow running on despite record levels of ridership.
- Obama places tax on anyone homering more than 35 times per year
- Giant poster of A-Rod kissing himself in right field scares ball back
- Chill all bats per Pedro Cerrano’s theory (“hats for bats… keep bats warm!”)
- Two words: Arena Baseball!
- Move the walls back one inch every time a sportswriter makes a dopey comment about how Joba belongs in the bullpen… never mind – right field would wind up in Siberia
- Now playing right field for the Yankees… LeBron James…. LeBron… James
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees