The Yankees lost to the Orioles tonight. There’s so little that we can read from the 2nd game of the season, so I won’t attempt to overrreach. I get pretty fired up after a Yankees loss sometimes, but its too early to matter.
Chien-Ming Wang looked a bit lost, and couldn’t get his sinker to work. This isn’t something that we are unaccustomed to. He didn’t have a particularly eventful spring training, and he had a few moments where he had his old stuff, so for now we can just write it off as one game.
Koji Uehara tricked the Yankees into submission. The Yankees got hit by a new, crafty pitcher who changes speeds. Give them a few looks at him, and his 89 mph fastball will get knocked around pretty well. I suspect that the Yankees won’t be the only team that struggles against him in the first month or two of the season.
Derek Jeter continued to hit well. Jeter’s last great season came after a poor WBC. His critics have been more vocal than usual this off season, and he might be playing with a chip on his shoulder. We’ll see how April goes.
I really don’t get the Mark Teixeira booing. Really Baltimore? You boo a guy who never played for you for signing elsewhere, even though the Nationals and Red Sox also beat your offer?
That’s about all I’ve got for the night. Two games are just a blip on the radar screen. Did you all see anything else notable?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees