-The real story of today’s game, the one that could have long lasting impact is how efficient Joba Chamberlain was. 87 pitches thru 6, and it would have been about 10 fewer if Swisher fields that ball between his legs. That’s the important thing that happened today, not any bullpen moves that backfire, which can (and will) happen to any manager. If Joba learns to be more efficient, the last leg of the ‘Joba to the bullpen’ debate collapses.
-Another note on Joba. Don’t let the radar gun readings fool you into thinking he didn’t have his good stuff. His control was spotty but his stuff was fine. The 92 MPH fastballs are by design, he’s trying to get some easy outs by throwing more 2-seamers, which typically are a few MPH slower. That’s not him having nothing, that’s him learning to be more efficient. I think those talks that Girardi and Eiland had with him last year and Burnett had with him this spring are sinking in.
-This is just cool. Never noticed that before, they could be related, huh?
-With Tex sidelined yesterday and today, think of where this team would be without Swish. Who would have played 1B, Shelly Duncan? We finally have some quality depth and versatility on the bench. For those that read Torre’s book, he said the reason why the 1998 team was so good was the quality bench that team had. When someone sat down, they didn’t lose much.
-I find it amusing that people call Golf a sport, but not Billiards. When you think about it, Golf is Billiards that you play while standing on the table.
-Congrats to Hal Steinbrenner, who was married yesterday in Florida.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees