-I’m just not feeling it for this Yanks-Sox series. So much of the personality of the rivalry has changed. The Sox have especially changed. So many of the highly talented yet highly eccentric characters the Sox had (Pedro, Manny, the Idiots) are now all long gone. Even the fearsome Big Papi appears to be fading . The Sox as a franchise went from being Baseball’s Charlie Brown to 2-time World Champions. The only personality that defines this Boston team is ‘Type A’. The Yanks have done their own share of changing, going from a perpetual playoff team to 3rd place last year. This rivalry needs some new story lines, hopefully a pennant race between the two will provide some.
-Best thing about this Yanks-Sox series is the pitching matchups.
Friday-Joba Chamberlain vs John Lester
Saturday-AJ Burnett vs Josh Beckett
Sunday-Andy Pettitte vs Justin Masterson
To quote Meatloaf, ‘Two out of three aint bad’.
-Wang throwing lots of strikes in his extended ST outing doesn’t encourage me one bit. His problem wasn’t throwing strikes, it was throwing them right over the middle of the plate. Also, the velocity was still down a bit, and what always made Wang so tough was how hard he threw the 2-seamer. If he’s throwing it 89-91 MPH instead of 94-96, then he’s going to have to rely more on his secondary pitches and locate better, and that will require him to reinvent himself as a pitcher.
-Check this out from NJ.com’s Yankee Blog
Worried about the Yankees’ hitting? You think Ransom or Molina or someone else is dragging down the team? The Yankees have scored 5 runs or more in 10 of 15 games, 4 runs in 4 of the remaining 5.
-Sounds like Phil Hughes will get Wang’s next scheduled start vs the Tigers, though nothing’s official yet. Can’t wait, I’m still rooting hard for both him and IPK to succeed.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees