I’m always searching for the best way to cover the relatively unimportant day-to-day news about minor league baseball. These things have small, but definite, impacts upon the major league team. Today, I premier the first edition of Minor Notes.
P.J. Pilittere sits.
P.J. Pilittere has been the Yankee’s property for awhile now. A catcher, he”s not athletic at all, with average agility, hitting skills, and arm strength. However, he has always come with a fantastic reputation of game calling, and pitchers have generally improved under his tutilage. Pilittere was moved up to Triple-A Scranton this year, but will remain inactive as the club’s third catcher.
I’m willing to bet that this is the lead in to Pilittere’s transition to coaching. He could very well become an important name as a catching instructor, scout, or manager in the near future for the Yankees. Scranton is carrying two legitimate defense-first major league backup catchers in Kevin Cash and Chris Stewart. They could lose Jose Molina at very little cost this season.
Trenton Plays, Ashmore Brings Video
When I first started blogging, I had to go to the ballparks myself and obtain press access just to figure out the basics about what was going on at the minor league level. Now, Mike Ashmore is loading up Youtube every game. Look at how easy Eric Hacker’s motion looks:
Everyone Else Plays Tonight
Andrew Brackman will make his professional debut tonight. I expect a season of ups and downs. If Brackman stays pretty healthy this season and manages to pitch 120 innings, I am satisfied. Beyond that, everything else is gravy. Expect control problems early on. Minor League Recap will return to give you all the news you need to know, although the format will dramatically change from my previous three seasons.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees