Here are a few interesting links that have been sitting open on my browser all day.
1) Driveline Mechanics has been going through all of the rotations in baseball according to Wins Above Replacement, and the Yankees come in at #1 with 22.3. They have a comfortable margin over their division rivals, with Boston having 17.7 and the Rays at 14.1. Statistically, the Yankees have the best starting rotation in baseball, a welcome change from previous years in which the likes of Kei Igawa and Carl Pavano opened the season in the starting 5.
2) Jorge Posada is finally a believer in Joba Chamberlain the starter. Posada was of the more vocal people who believed Joba belongs in the pen, but this spring training has apparently changed his mind. Now that Jorge has left the ranks, Mike Francesa and George King have begun the search for a new leader.
3) Speaking about Joba, AJ Burnett has apparently taken the young right hander under his wing. This aspect of Burnett’s personality has come as a welcome surprise to myself and the Yankees. AJ is fitting right in and taking a leadership role. It seems that his claim of having matured has some substance.
4) Peter Gammons wrote another article on the importance of young players, and had this to say:
Of course CC Sabathia will be a major contributor to the Yankees this season, but one NL scout said, “for the $158 million difference, [22-year-old] Junichi Tazawa might have been the most important long-term signing of this offseason. Seven years from now, Tazawa will be 29, have four prime years of his career performed for less than one year for Sabathia. CC will be 36 [in 2016].”
Yeah. A national writer of great renown just said that. It may be time to hang up the old typewriter, Petey. When your bias shines through that badly, its pretty much over in terms of being a credible journalist.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees