Here are a few links that I wanted to get out there before the weekend. I highly recommend all of them.
1) The Yankees won the Grapefruit League title, finishing with the most wins of any team in Florida. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come, as Spring Training, outside of the A-Rod injury, was a resounding success.
2) There are a few offseason in review/season preview articles that you need to check out. Pete Abraham recaps spring training, and has some really interesting observations, while Tim Dierkes and David Pinto both expect big things from the Yankees this season. It’s nice to see some unbiased writing about the Yankees when discussing their chances in 2009. They could have some health and age problems, but on paper, they have the most talented team in baseball.
3) River Ave Blues took a fascinating look at Robinson Cano’s fielding, and expects him to be a solid fielder in 2009. One of the commenters in that thread posted the following link, which shows that Cano was great defensively in the first half of last season, before cratering in the second half. It seems that as the season went on and the team fell out of contention, Robbie may have lost focus in the field. Hopefully the Yankees can keep him motivated for all of 2009.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees